Mr John Bidmead

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Absolutely zero empathy, the first thing he said during the first appointment after a bunch of tests were made was "everything is fine, you don't have cancer" , well I was not there because of cancer, so thanks for minimising my illness. Then I asked for a vaginal ultrasound and he was flabbergasted, after the nurse was finished with it, he said: "well it's not a very exciting thing to see as it's not a baby " suggesting only pregnant women should have an ultrasound taken or that ultrasounds only have clinical applications for pregnant women - nothing further from the truth, for example in Germany everyone has an ultrasound during appointments with their gynaecologist as a matter of course. I thought it unprofessional.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

He pushed the Mirena coil and now I regret having the coil inserted as it precipitated early menopause and a cancerous breast tumor, I never had the operation for endometriosis I was meant to as all he did was push the hormonal coil, I cannot believe he talked me into it.

21st April 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I had a bladder repair done just before christmas, I have to say its changed my life. I was going to give up golf because of the the awful incontience. John Bidmead really put me at ease, a lovely man. God Bless him.

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

Mr John Bidmead performed a prolapse repair and hysterectomy in November 2013. On waking from the operation I was in pain on my right side which I reported to him. On follow up appointments, his attitude was that I would just have to learn to live with the pain. A year later, after seeking a second opinion, I had to have the prolapse redone. The second operation with a different gynaecologist although successful did not resolve the pain. I have been referred to numerous pain consultants, rheumatologists, gynaecologists and undergone MRI scans, CT scans and face further surgery. There may be the need to insert an implant at a further cost of £30,000.

4th October 2015
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Not reachable by phone (i asked his secretary many times to be call back, i wrote an email asking to be called back but nothing) Does not show any empathy or support in case of stress. But he takes time to explain things in detail during appointments. Need to pay for a canceled appointment (i can understand this last point but i mention it just for information)

Short link to review Mr John Bidmead: http://iwgc.net/ed4mn