Mr John Bidmead

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

15th August 2017
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

I had seen Mr Bidmead at Kings College Hospital and I do not agree with the reviews people have posted about him, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. he has always been understanding and sympathetic and I have never had an issue with contacting him. I have been under his care for endometriosis now for just over 3 years and I am due to have my second surgery in a couple of months. I have found him very knowledgeable and after being brushed off from previous dr's Mr Bidmead knew what my issues were and made sure that I receive the best treatment possible. I wholly recommend him and trust in his judgement

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Absolutely zero empathy, the first thing he said during the first appointment after a bunch of tests were made was "everything is fine, you don't have cancer" , well I was not there because of cancer, so thanks for minimising my illness. Then I asked for a vaginal ultrasound and he was flabbergasted, after the nurse was finished with it, he said: "well it's not a very exciting thing to see as it's not a baby " suggesting only pregnant women should have an ultrasound taken or that ultrasounds only have clinical applications for pregnant women - nothing further from the truth, for example in Germany everyone has an ultrasound during appointments with their gynaecologist as a matter of course. I thought it unprofessional.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

He pushed the Mirena coil and now I regret having the coil inserted as it precipitated early menopause and a cancerous breast tumor, I never had the operation for endometriosis I was meant to as all he did was push the hormonal coil, I cannot believe he talked me into it.

21st April 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I had a bladder repair done just before christmas, I have to say its changed my life. I was going to give up golf because of the the awful incontience. John Bidmead really put me at ease, a lovely man. God Bless him.

31st March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

Mr John Bidmead performed a prolapse repair and hysterectomy in November 2013. On waking from the operation I was in pain on my right side which I reported to him. On follow up appointments, his attitude was that I would just have to learn to live with the pain. A year later, after seeking a second opinion, I had to have the prolapse redone. The second operation with a different gynaecologist although successful did not resolve the pain. I have been referred to numerous pain consultants, rheumatologists, gynaecologists and undergone MRI scans, CT scans and face further surgery. There may be the need to insert an implant at a further cost of £30,000.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists