Mr John Beare

• Ophthalmology

3rd April 2019
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Bit dismissive but I would think competent.

1st September 2014
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I have had a number of eye operations over the past 4 years in particular for 3 detached retinas in my right eye and was referred back in July to Mr Beare for a cataract in my left eye. No consultant -even at Moorfields Eye Hospital- spent as much time as Mr Beare explaining the procedure and the inherent risks of removing a cataract and replacing the len; especially with my history with detached retinas. Most impressive was his ability to explain things in lay-person's terms and to listen with genuine understanding and sympathy for my concerns and anxieties. Unfortunately following the cataract op, I did have another detached retina and Mr Beare managed to free up an appointment in his busy schedule to see me and went out of his away late on a Monday afternoon to arrange a consultant at Moorfields to look after me the next day. Highly professional, exceptionally good manner, and a person who relates to his patients.

12th August 2014
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

The doctor had a nice reasuring manner and a nice attitude.

11th August 2014
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Mr John Beare was very understanding & Professional in his consultations with myself. He spoke TO me & not at me & allayed all my fears. The outcome of the procedure has been fantastic! I would recommend him to anybody. Janet Condon.

5th August 2014
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I have been a patient of Mr Beare since 2006. I have always found he has a charming,friendly and reassuring manner. He explains fully exactly what he proposes to do, before operating, and is ready to answer any questions, that I have had. The first operation that he performed in August 2006 was a bilateral upper lid biepharoplasty, and I have been delighted with the result ever since. This year he has removed cataracts from both eyes. Following the first operation on my right eye, in which I had a contact lens for distance, he did observe that with hindsight he would have inserted a stronger lens. To which I commented that hindsight is a wonderful thing and naturally I appreciated his frankness. He obviously is concerned about the well being of his patients, and is very encouraging. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Mr Beare to friends. I have always found him extremely courteous, not only to his patients, but also to everyone in the operating theatre.

Nearest Ophthalmologists