Mr Joby George Malal

Mr Joby George Malal has a clinical practise dedicated to diagnosing and treating problems of the upper limb (Shoulder, Elbow and Hands). He underwent higher surgical training at the Mersey (Liverpool) Deanery gaining his CCT (Specialist Accreditation) in 2012. He acquired further subspecialist knowledge and expertise in his field by undertaking fellowship training at the world renowned Liverpool Upper Limb Unit before being appointed as a Consultant Upper Limb Surgeon in 2013. He believes in a holistic approach to treating patients under his care and ensures an unhurried consultation, giving adequate time to discuss the problem at hand and consider various treatment options available. Where appropriate, he uses the most advanced, minimally invasive and evidence based surgical techniques to treat musculoskeletal problems ensuring the best possible results. He is also an experienced joint replacement surgeon. A team of specialist anaesthetists and therapists work with him, ensuring a speedy return to function and normal life.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
3rd November 2019

I had a straight forward procedure to remove a ganglion on my wrist. I had a pre surgery consultation where Dr Malal answered any questions and also a 6 week follow up appointment to answer any concerns. He gave all the information I asked for and made me feel in safe hands with his knowledge.

Written by a patient at BMI The Manor Hospital
30th October 2019

2nd surgery performed by Mr Malal and he was fantastic. Incredibly careful and his quality of care precision is second to none (I've had 9 surgeries in my life, the scarring I have from both of his procedures has been minimal). This time round - from initial consultation to surgery - was 1 week! Aftercare was great too - he was prompt to recommend me for physiotherapy and I made a full recovery quicker than expected.

Written by a patient at BMI The Manor Hospital
28th August 2019

My George Malal was very friendly. He listened carefully to everything I had to say and suggested what he thought was needed. Once scan results were in, he clearly and carefully explained what procedures he was going to carry out. At all times, before the surgery and afterwards he was able to spend time answering my questions.

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
27th August 2019

Dr Malal took great care to discuss my condition

Written by a patient at Bedford Hospital
27th August 2019

MR Malal and his team were really pleasant to deal with and I would have no hesitation in seeking to see him again if every the need arose. Appointments were always on time and I felt informed of each step of the process along the way.

Short link to review Mr Joby George Malal: http://iwgc.net/egnfl