mr-jerome-philip

Written by a NHS patient at Castle Hill Hospital
20th August 2021

I really can’t express my gratitude to Mr Phillip, from the 1st consultation I was made to feel safe, relaxed & in the best possible hands. I have had extensive issues with my health & all of this was taken into consideration. Not only is he a great surgeon but he has a great sense of humour, which I really appreciated as I often deal with things with an element of humour. He takes the time to explain & is happy to talk through, honestly the concerns you may have. Thank you so much for your care & skills & for having such a wonderful team beside you. Here’s to the next 5 years. Helen Masling.

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
6th December 2020

My oral cancer diagnosis in July 2019, resulted in two surgical procedures, one performed by Mr. Philip and one by Mr Kelvin Mizen, a member of his team. Following extended recovery in Castle Hill Hospital, followed by 30 sessions of radiotherapy concluding in January this year, Jerome, has been a constant support, not only to me but also my family. His considerable surgical skills and those within his team, together with his personal encouragement throughout have enabled me to face ' a new normalcy ' with renewed hope and confidence. During my treatment and in recovery he has always taken time to explain and speak empathetically with members of my family, such that he is held, most justifiably, in very high regard by them all. Should readers ever be faced with the need to undergo head and neck cancer surgery, I can assure you that you will be in the most capable of hands with Mr Jerome Philp and his maxillofacial team. With grateful thanks to an amazing surgeon and ( can I say ? ) friend !!. David Hodgson & ' The Girls '.

6th December 2020
Response from Mr Jerome Philip

This is lovely and very touching to read. Thank you. Most of the success was down to you and your family support. You are a great patient and we were only too happy to ensure that we got you back to your family, golf and singing. Always a joy when you come to visits. Keep safe.

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
26th November 2020

From the first time I met Mr Philip and his team I knew I was in good hands. They are so professional and all have a great sense of humour, as do I, which makes one feel at ease. My procedure was carried out without fuss and I was always kept informed as to what was happening. I am not the squeamish type but I caould understand persons who are and I would have this to say to them. Do not worry. You are in the best hands and have the best team to help you.

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
15th October 2020

Hi Jerome It’s 4 years this week since you operated on my MEC in James Hospital . ( your first Irish surgery) and I’m delighted to say I’m still doing great. A gifted surgeon who really connects with his patients . Can’t thank you enough . Anne

16th October 2020
Response from Mr Jerome Philip

This review made me well up. It’s very touching as I enjoyed my time in Dublin and loved the people. Anne, thank you for this review, you and all my patients mean the world to me. I will always continue to deliver this level of care that you identify to each and everyone. Thanks for connecting and letting me know you are well.

Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon Head and Neck Surgery Microvascular Reconstruction Facial Trauma reconstruction Skin Cancer Head and Neck Honorary Lecturer HYMS Consultant Surgeon Royal Army Medical Corp

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons