mr-jeevan-chandrasenan

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

23rd August 2021

I had a total hip replacement surgery performed by Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan in February this year. I found him to be a thorough professional who listened to me (unlike my GP) and arranged surgery in the shortest time possible. He made it happen knowing I was suffering and I am now able to walk up to three miles a day when I couldn't walk three hundred metres! Thank you!

23rd June 2021

Very professional and friendly, fully understood the problem and soon gave us a plan of action. Listened to our concerns and embraced them. Got things moving very quickly and soon heard from hospital offering dates and times for the next step forward to becoming pain free.

Written by a NHS patient at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
21st June 2021

Following a trauma injury the surgeon explained the severity of the fracture and followed up with corrective surgery after explaining what could or would be done. After surgery he explained what had been found and dealt with, ensuring me the surgery had been successfully completed. My follow up consultation was positive and he explained, moving forward, my longer term recovery plan. He answered a list of questions I had written down. Very satisfied with both the consultant and the service at Chesterfield Royal Hospital

24th May 2021

The doctor was very good and very professional about explaining about my operation and my after care.Did a fantastic job off my new knee joint.my life is a lot better now

11th May 2021

Mr Chandrasenan has change my life. The partial knee Replacement pathway which he has created and delivered was exceptional. All the information I needed was given to me before my operation making sure there were hardly any questions too ask. I was offered my knee replacement on the 17th December 2020 and quickly had my pre-op assessment and COVID test. Within two weeks I was attending Barlborough Hospital. The Hospital is extremely clean and the staff all excellent were friendly and approachable. On the day I was treated respectfully and introduced to the Doctors and Anaesthetist, who reassured me totally. I was given an epidural and a knee block for the pain and Before I knew it I was back on the ward being offered coffee and toast. The physiotherapist introduced herself and gave me a very good and well presented book which offered information for the following 3 months: The meals in the Hospital were extremely good and had a great choice. They were. Served hot and efficiently. Any blood tests or xrays were done without any fuss all being well planned and on time. I went home on the third day walking well with my crutches and information about any concerns and what to do if needed. I can 100% recommend Mr Chandrasesnan to anyone who needs this operation. The follow up at Calow Hospital was just as efficient. I was seen by him on time and we looked at the before and after xrays together and I could see the difference. It is now May 2021; 5 months after my operation and I can now walk 3 miles, ride my bike and go swimming. I has lost 12lbs in. Weight my BP is lower and I am now not on the pre-diabetic list. I have a full and enjoyable life now without any pain in my left knee.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Chandrasenan has been an NHS consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital since August 2016. He commonly performs hip and knee replacements including arthroscopic knee surgery. His subspecialty interest lies in soft tissue and complex knee injuries and managing young patients with degenerative knee conditions. He completed his specialist training in Orthopaedics from Nottingham and his Knee Fellowship at The Royal Derby Hospital. He is a committed trainer for Specialty Trainees on the East Midlands Orthopaedic Rotation and an Educational Supervisor for Medical Students from Sheffield University. In September of every year, Mr Chandrasenan runs the Chesterfield Sheffield and Derby FRCS Clinical Examination Course. During the 2 days of the course, UK and International candidates preparing for their upcoming exit exams have the opportunity to experience examining up to 150 patients from all Orthopaedic specialties including rare paediatric cases recruited from Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The course attracts up to 80 specially selected faculty from the United Kingdom dedicated to teaching and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country on the yearly calendar for orthopaedic surgeons in training.

Doctors working at Barlborough Medical Practice