mr-jeevan-chandrasenan

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

27th April 2021

Mr Chandrasenan saw me after a tear in my posterior cruciate ligament. He saw me quickly after my MRI scan, and was fantastic in all respects. He has an excellent bedside manner, and is very clear in his communication, and arranged further treatment speedily. If you ever find yourself in need of an Orthopaedic consultant for a knee problem, I am sure you cannot find better than him.

Written by a NHS patient at Barlborough Medical Practice
26th April 2021

I had an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair in Feb2021. Dr. Chandrasenan was amazing. I had heard horror stories about this Type of surgery and the pain I would experience, however all I took was paracetamol for 2 days after the surgery and stopped after this because I hardly had any pain at all. After 2 months my scars are barely visible and I am recovering really well. The doctor was so nice and supportive and listened to everything I said. At my review, he knew what I was experiencing at my stage of recovery without me having to tell him and made me feel confident that was I was experiencing was normal and was on my way to full recovery. He is very knowledgable and experienced. I would, and have, been recommending him to every one. Amazing surgeon.

25th April 2021

I ve been in absolute agony with my right knee for years was seen by mr chandrasenan who advised me my knee needed a complete renewal all I can say is than he’s absolutely brilliant at his job no pain after the operation and very neat stitches his aftercare was excellent mr chandrasenan is very easy to talk too and when my left knee needs doing I will definitely want him to do it . So very pleased with my operation thanks I really appreciate it mr chandrasenan mr Andrew slater chesterfield.

Written by a NHS patient at Barlborough Medical Practice
21st April 2021

I had a hip replacement operation in March 2021 and was totally put at ease by Mr Chandrasenan. From the first meeting with him before surgery, to the surgery itself, to the follow up appointment six weeks later Mr Chandrasenan was a total professional. He is not one of these hoity toity, “I know best” consultants, but he took the time to listen to any questions I had, and at the follow up appointment, even asked me about a different medical issue that I may have had involving totally different personnel. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Chandrasenan and want him to replace my already arthritic knees in due course......I have spoken to my GP and set the wheels in motion, and told them I want referring to the same people so that I can go on Mr Chandrasenan’s list. I cannot praise Mr Chandrasenan (and his team) highly enough, they turned what could have been a traumatic time for me into a palatable event with a better outcome all round. I am pain free now from the replacement hip and can get around a lot better. Thank you Mr Chandrasenan, hope to see you again in due course !

17th March 2021

Mr Chandrasenan has been fantastic when operating on my badly broken and dislocated lower arm. He has always been very succinct in his explanation of procedures before my operation and afterwards in his follow up care, in my opinion this leads to good time management in his clinics. He has always welcomed me into clinic in a kind, friendly yet professional manner. His communication skills are excellent, always clearly explaining my recovery, in an honest yet compassionate way. He has liaised with my physio, to better support my recovery. Truly listens and gives of his valuable time willingly, ensuring I have time to ask any questions and then gives me a clear and concise answer. It has been a pleasure; I’m so grateful for the excellent care, that I feel I have received.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Chandrasenan has been an NHS consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital since August 2016. He commonly performs hip and knee replacements including arthroscopic knee surgery. His subspecialty interest lies in soft tissue and complex knee injuries and managing young patients with degenerative knee conditions. He completed his specialist training in Orthopaedics from Nottingham and his Knee Fellowship at The Royal Derby Hospital. He is a committed trainer for Specialty Trainees on the East Midlands Orthopaedic Rotation and an Educational Supervisor for Medical Students from Sheffield University. In September of every year, Mr Chandrasenan runs the Chesterfield Sheffield and Derby FRCS Clinical Examination Course. During the 2 days of the course, UK and International candidates preparing for their upcoming exit exams have the opportunity to experience examining up to 150 patients from all Orthopaedic specialties including rare paediatric cases recruited from Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The course attracts up to 80 specially selected faculty from the United Kingdom dedicated to teaching and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country on the yearly calendar for orthopaedic surgeons in training.

Short link to review Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan: http://iwgc.net/egmju