mr-jeevan-chandrasenan

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan

Written by a NHS patient at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
12th September 2022

I am over the moon with my care and treatment I now have quality of life without pain in my hip thankyou so much.

Written by a NHS patient at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
11th September 2022

Mr Chandrasenan is an absolute magician! Suffering severe pain from both my right hip and left knee I was taking analgesia constantly just to make life bearable. Mr Chandrasenan immediately prioritised my Total Hip Replacement operation for which I will be forever grateful. He is so very approachable, personable, caring and knowledgeable. I felt totally reassured and had complete confidence in his care. My quality of life has improved immeasurably whilst under the care of this extraordinarily gifted Consultant. I now await my Knee Replacement knowing my care could not be in better hands.

6th September 2022

Really pleased with my surgeon, his staff and the Hospital i had my procedure done. I was looked after from my 1st appointnent to my last post op appointment.

5th September 2022

Mr Chandrasenan put me at ease the moment I met him. I am a very nervous patient but his friendliness and reasuring attitude helped me immensly through out the whole proceedure. Highly recommended. If I ever needed this type if surgrry again I would hope and request that it could be Mr Chandrasenan. Thank you.

2nd September 2022

Mr Chandrasenan was very informative, explaining to me what he would perform, what to expect from my total knee replacement, all the way through my appointment and hospital stay I was looked after and attended to with the utmost care, I would totally recommend him to anyone, as he treated me with respect and performed an excellent job on my knee, would certainly hope to see him again if the need arises

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Chandrasenan has been an NHS consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital since August 2016. He commonly performs hip and knee replacements including arthroscopic knee surgery. His subspecialty interest lies in soft tissue and complex knee injuries and managing young patients with degenerative knee conditions. He completed his specialist training in Orthopaedics from Nottingham and his Knee Fellowship at The Royal Derby Hospital. He is a committed trainer for Specialty Trainees on the East Midlands Orthopaedic Rotation and an Educational Supervisor for Medical Students from Sheffield University.

In September of every year, Mr Chandrasenan runs the Chesterfield Sheffield and Derby FRCS Clinical Examination Course. During the 2 days of the course, UK and International candidates preparing for their upcoming exit exams have the opportunity to experience examining up to 150 patients from all Orthopaedic specialties including rare paediatric cases recruited from Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The course attracts up to 80 specially selected faculty from the United Kingdom dedicated to teaching and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country on the yearly calendar for orthopaedic surgeons in training.

Doctors working at Barlborough Medical Practice