mr-jeevan-chandrasenan

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

22nd January 2021

Confident and professional, good instructor too

11th January 2021

After a fall and broken hip, Mr Chandrasenan performed an emergency total hip replacement on myself. He came into work on his day off to do my operation. He is a very professional friendly and approachable doctor who put me at ease and explained exactly what would happen during my operation. He always has a smile and is very positive. He came to see me on the ward to follow up my operation and check how I was feeling and tell me how well the operation had gone. I have had my operation during the Covid 19 Pandemic with more challenges for everyone but I have received excellent surgery, compassion and aftercare. I have had several opportunities to discuss my care and progress, through telephone calls, e-mails and a face to face consultation. My scar is excellent and very neat and I have had no problems at all with my recovery and mobility. My new hip is so good even I forget I’ve had it replaced and cannot thank Mr Chandrasenan enough for his exceptional care and skill. I would thoroughly recommend him and if I ever need the other hip replaced I really hope he can do that one too. He takes great care during surgery and makes sure that his patients get great post operation results and aftercare.

24th December 2020

From the initial consultation, the actual operation and the post operation meeting Mr Chandrasenan gave me great confidence and reassurance. He explained in detail what the operation involved and consequently I had no problems understanding the procedure. Following the operation my recovery has been straight forward and I am able to walk with no pain. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Chandrasenan undertake a full or partial knee replacement.

15th December 2020

From the beginning upon meeting Mr Chandrasenan,I felt at ease. His manner was impeccable. He explained everything clearly and concisely and I knew exactly what to expect. After my operation Mr Chandrasenan even rung the ward the day after to see how I was doing. I couldn't of been better looked after even if I'd gone private. Thank you Mr Chandrasenan.

Written by a patient at Barlborough Medical Practice
14th December 2020

Mr Chandrasenan listens is kind and considerate and most of all an excellent surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Chandrasenan has been an NHS consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital since August 2016. He commonly performs hip and knee replacements including arthroscopic knee surgery. His subspecialty interest lies in soft tissue and complex knee injuries and managing young patients with degenerative knee conditions. He completed his specialist training in Orthopaedics from Nottingham and his Knee Fellowship at The Royal Derby Hospital. He is a committed trainer for Specialty Trainees on the East Midlands Orthopaedic Rotation and an Educational Supervisor for Medical Students from Sheffield University. In September of every year, Mr Chandrasenan runs the Chesterfield Sheffield and Derby FRCS Clinical Examination Course. During the 2 days of the course, UK and International candidates preparing for their upcoming exit exams have the opportunity to experience examining up to 150 patients from all Orthopaedic specialties including rare paediatric cases recruited from Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The course attracts up to 80 specially selected faculty from the United Kingdom dedicated to teaching and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country on the yearly calendar for orthopaedic surgeons in training.

Short link to review Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan: http://iwgc.net/egmju