mr-jeevan-chandrasenan

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

20th April 2020

I have been under the care of Dr Chandrasenan for the last 6 month after undergoing surgery on my lateral meniscus and Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) in my left knee. Having spent very little time in hospital previously, this being my first major injury and surgery, I was in fantastic hands. From my first consultation I have been extremely pleased with the care and treatment I have received. I always felt confident and was kept well informed at all stages, and was given all the short term and long term possibilities in treatment and recovery. Dr Chandrasenan is very professional, approachable and friendly at all times. He often went above and beyond to meet my needs. For example, he always has a consultation with his patients before any operation, and due to his workload he fitted me in on his dinner hour. He is a dedicated consultant and you can tell he cares about his patients .

5th March 2020

I have been under Mr Chandrasenan's care for the past three years, under going surgery during that time. From my first consultation, I have been well informed by Mr Chandrasenan about the on-going problems that I face with my knees, and the treatment both short and long term available to me. He is always very professional, and I find him approachable, friendly and caring. He always takes the time to explain my options, giving me the positives and possible negatives. I feel that my concerns are addressed and my questions answered honestly. I have always received excellent care and trust Mr Chandrasenan implicitly. I am sure that other patients like myself feel the same gratitude as I do. It is very apparent that Mr Chandrasenan is a dedicated consultant, who strives to do the best he can for his patients.

3rd March 2020

I had an operation on my knee, which was causing me major issues. Everything was explained from start to finish. The results were fantastic. I would recommend to everyone. Thank you.

Written by a patient at Barlborough Medical Practice
26th February 2020

Had a hip replacement after seeing Mr Chandrasenan at Chesterfield One Health at Barlborough Medical Centre I would thoroughly recommend this surgeon as throughout my advice, care plan, surgery and after care everything went very smoothly in every aspect of my hip replacement from start to finish highly recommended

Written by a patient at Barlborough Medical Practice
19th February 2020

Just been signed off following 2 TKR's (right knee Aug 19, left knee Nov19) both expertly completed by Mr Chandrasenan. Brilliant communication all the way with excellent facilities and staff at Balborough Medical Practice. Highly recommended!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Jeevan Chandrasenan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Chandrasenan has been an NHS consultant at Chesterfield Royal Hospital since August 2016. He commonly performs hip and knee replacements including arthroscopic knee surgery. His subspecialty interest lies in soft tissue and complex knee injuries and managing young patients with degenerative knee conditions. He completed his specialist training in Orthopaedics from Nottingham and his Knee Fellowship at The Royal Derby Hospital. He is a committed trainer for Specialty Trainees on the East Midlands Orthopaedic Rotation and an Educational Supervisor for Medical Students from Sheffield University. In September of every year, Mr Chandrasenan runs the Chesterfield Sheffield and Derby FRCS Clinical Examination Course. During the 2 days of the course, UK and International candidates preparing for their upcoming exit exams have the opportunity to experience examining up to 150 patients from all Orthopaedic specialties including rare paediatric cases recruited from Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The course attracts up to 80 specially selected faculty from the United Kingdom dedicated to teaching and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country on the yearly calendar for orthopaedic surgeons in training.

Doctors working at Barlborough Medical Practice