Mr Jean Deguara

17th April 2018
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Mr Jean Deguara was fantastic he managed to find my problem, and was very quick to get me into surgery, I am 100% fixed after trying to resolve my problem with the NHS for nearly 4 months, Mr Deguara managed to diagnose and operate within 2 weeks.

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Great service from start to end. Doctor Deguara has explained everything and I had no concerns when going into surgery.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

I had never had an operation before (I am 47 years old) and Dr Deguara explained everything that would happen in extreme detail and with great patience as I was very apprehensive. Before, and after my gall bladder operation he was on hand to answer any questions and took the time to call me the next day to see if I was comfortable

22nd March 2018
Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital

Mr Deguara repaired a my recurrent hernia at New Victoria Hospital. The initial consultation was set up very quickly and my options were clearly set out. Before the operation Mr Deguara again set out the risk factors very clearly and the operation went smoothly, and my recovery was both complete and rapid. I found the whole process efficient and remarkably stress free.

16th March 2018
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

My first experience of Mr Deguara FRCS was at gastroscopy at Kingston Hospital. This procedure had to be repeated because I unknowingly pulled out the tube. Mr Deguara was sympathetic to this situation and the second attempt proceeded without discomfort. He was very thorough throughout the entire preoperative phase. Following the diagnosis of a very large hiatus hernia, he communicated in detail with verbal, written and illustrative information about the proposed operation. I underwent screening under the NHS at Kingston Hospital with excellent care but I elected to have my surgery at the nearby New Victoria Hospital at a time when the national news was forecasting potential delays in elective surgery under the NHS. My postoperative care in the private hospital was excellent. On discharge, there was telephone access to Mr Deguara had it been required. On return home, I did experience some health issues not directly related to the surgery. My GP thought these were largely age-related. On the positive side, I have no reflux, dysphasia or requirement for antacids, as a result of my surgery, which is a most gratifying result. In summary the overall outcome was very positive, though the experience was challenging for a 75-year old! Mr Deguara is a consultant who displays thoroughness, integrity, empathy and consummate expertise.

Short link to review Mr Jean Deguara: http://iwgc.net/egg4r