Mr Jayanta Barua

• Urology

10th November 2017
Written by a carer at King George Hospital

Professor Barua has been an amazing help to my husband. Recently he was in hospital and very ill, it was a very stressful time and I was very upset. Professor Barua came to see my husband, myself and my son and spent a very long time with us which we were very grateful for. My husband has had follow up appointments and we never feel rushed and always have time to ask any questions we have.

9th November 2017
Written by a carer at King George Hospital

Professor Barua has been absolutely amazing! When my husband was in hospital recently we were having a very stressful time and I was very upset. Professor Barua came to see myself, my son and my husband and spent a very long time talking to us about my husband's illness. We were so grateful for this. My husband has had appointments with Professor Barua since and feel he has so much time and empathy for my husband.

22nd November 2017
Response from Mr Jayanta Barua

I am very grateful for this feedback and appreciate the time taken to provide it. Providing clinical care in a busy hospital like ours can at times be challenging but wonderful feedback like this is very uplifting. I particularly enjoy the face to face interaction with patients and their relatives and know that beyond the provision of technically good care, explanations and advice to make sense of it all are greatly valued by patients and their carers.

31st May 2017
Written by a patient at King George Hospital

I had a ureter stricture, was admitted to KGH because of severe pains, it took quite few days to diagnose the problem, but once diagnosed my treatment went pretty smooth under the care of Prof Barua. I had three operations, has a stent in me three times, and thankfully went well. Operations were scheduled timely and were conducted nicely. Though I had discomfort because of the stent sometimes but overall my experience was good. Dr Barua was kind and very learned and proficient and his staff used to deliver information nicely. They took good care and I am very thankful to Dr Barua and his team.