Mr Jark Bosma

• Neurosurgery

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Having had serious, life altering back problems since I was a child and having been previously told that nothing could be done for me surgically, I came under the care of Mr Bosma who gave several pain relieving injections prior to undertaking two separate surgeries on my lower spine. I'm now about two years post surgery and I've recently completed a "Walk 1000 miles in a year" challenge in just over six months. From not being able to get out of bed to go to the toilet, of having to be supported on both sides to take tiny steps to walking miles on a daily basis is nothing short of miraculous in my eyes. I still have back pain but the leg pain that crippled me has virtually gone and my quality of life has improved exponentially. When I was unable to continue with treatment because my partner was diagnosed with terminal cancer, Mr Bosma kept me on his books and I was able to take up treatment again after my partner had died. I was treated with dignity and humour and, most importantly, listened to. I have some other spinal problems and may yet need to make a return visit but I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Bosma and his team.

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

Following a 2013 RTA I was left walking like Quasimodo. I was referred to Mr Bosma via BUPA. He is the perfect blend of Professional, Confidence, and Bed-Side Manner, and left me completely at ease with his recommendations and decisions, and involved me in discussions of his final recommendations. I had an easily identifiable L5/S1 disc bulge immediately rectified by Microdiscectomy. However, I had some continuing pain, the source of which was elusive. I had 2 Lumbar injections by Mr Bosma, but eventually my L4 disc finally revealed itself as a Central Bulge, and I had a 2nd Microdiscectomy. I am now in great shape. I simply cannot recommend Mr Bosma enough, and refer everyone I know with spinal issues to him. This is the Man you travel to consult from afar.

7th August 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I had 3 level Smith Robinson procedure done in November 2014 at Thornbury BMI Sheffield. He is an outstanding neurosurgeon. I trust him completely. The whole procedure was fine, I even went home the following day. There is a possibility of me having one more disc removed soon. I wouldn't trust or let any other surgeon do this. If he moves away, I would find him and go there! I can't thank him enough really, the pain I was in prior to surgery was unbearable, I couldn't have carried on like that. That pain was completely gone following surgery. I still have some tingling and burning due to the remaining disc that needs replacing. I am slightly apprehensive about going in again for another disc, I plan to see him in September to discuss this further. The Man is quite simply the best. 100% recommend Paula Manaley

12th February 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Having had chronic back issues for over 10 years and been told there was little could be done Mr Bosma has literally given me back my life! He fully understood my issues and fully addressed them even going to additional procedures other specialists had just passed off. I am 10 days post surgery and although there is some localised pain my back pain has vanished and my years of pain and frustration have melted away thanks to this amazing surgeon. I cannot praise Mr Jark Bosma highly enough - he is definitely the best specialist I have seen ( there have been several). He didn't fob me off like previous ones and genuinely wants to help.

25th September 2015
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

Jark Bosma is an amazing surgeon who has literally transformed my life. I worried about going ahead with major back surgery for far too long until I really had no choice. Mr Bosma explained in great detail what he was proposing to do and made me feel totally at ease. I am so lucky to report that I now have absolutely no pain, full movement and will back to playing far too much tennis shortly! If any patient has any concerns about going ahead with what does seem to be major surgery and Mr Bosma is their surgeon - do not hesitate to contact me for a chat. Rod Stevens

Nearest Neurosurgeons