Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I cannot thank Mr Lewis enough for all his surgical brilliance and the post operative care plan he put in place when I recently had a total knee replacement. Over the last few years I had been suffering a great deal of pain and my moblilty was becoming a real issue. Having explored all the ways possible to manage a life of increasing restrictions I reluctantly decided it was time to be radical and go for having a new knee. I began researching surgeons and discovered Mr Lewis. When we met he was welcoming and very enthusiast about his work. He explained clearly the process of the operation and I went away feeling totally confident that I was doing the right thing. I was particularly encouraged to hear about the potential for the operation being pain free. It didn’t somehow seem possible that you could cut out a knee, put in a new one and it could be pain free. However, it was clear I was in safe and extremely capable hands. I underwent the operation at Goring Hospital (Conformis Knee with spinal anaesthetic ) and unbelievably just as I was told I went home pain free the next day using only one stick for security. To be honest I didn't really need the stick after that. The hospital team were very attentive and efficient and I noticed they had very specific and clear guidelines from Mr Lewis as to how to care for his patients. Again I found this reassuring. When I came home from hospital after the operation it was with a meticulously planned programme of self care. Clear directions for medication, exercise, rest and ice therapy were given. I rented the ice machine and this was tremendously helpful (although be prepared you will use 4 bags of ice a day!). I was encouraged to call the ward or email Mr Lewis if I had any concerns and as I had left hospital so quickly this felt very supportive. I am still amazed by the pain free aspect of the operation. It has meant that I can do the all important exercises relatively freely. At home 12 days after the operation I am comfortably mobile and apart from moving freely around the house can go out for short walks and to the shopping centre to look for post operative treats! My leg can feel quite stiff, tight and tingly at times (the norm) especially if I have been particularly active. However it is not overly swollen, the plaster is off and the wound is healing very well. There were no stitches or clips to remove. Thank you again Mr Lewis. In the words of my physiotherapist the recovery is ‘phenomenal’ and that is all down to you. Marie Simon - February 2019

31st January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Mr James Lewis has today (31/1/19) signed me off as a THR patient just six weeks after a totally successful operation at Goring Hall.A complete recovery has been achieved due to Mr Lewis's professionalism as an orthopaedic surgeon in his field of medicine. The care and consideration offered to this patient has been truly exceptional along with the advice offered has surely hastened the recovery period.The pain and discomfort endured over the last year is now consigned to history - regular visits to the gym once again becoming a joy! I would also take this opportunity to thank his back-up staff at G.H for their kind consideration and attention both during and after my stay in hospital. Thanking you once again for your excellent treatment.

7th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I was totally freaked out when I was told I have to have a THR. After the consultation with Mr Lewis I left with trust in him and was actually looking forward to having it done. He was very confident and explained it all step by step. Sounded to good to be true. But here I am after 2 weeks of having it done walking unaided at times at home and with one walking stick on my walks...I cannot praise Mr Lewis enough, he has given me back my life. I am in no pain from the hip at all.I do my exercises daily and look forward to a speedy full recovery shortly...Thankyou once again was a pleasure to be your patient...I must add the hospital is first class with great staff all there for you.....

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I must thank my brilliant hip and knee surgeon Mr Lewis and his team, for the remarkable care I recieved whilst undergoing a procedure at Goring Hall Hospital in Worthing. After a very different experience with my previous hip replacement at another hospital four years ago, I was incredibly anxious about enduring the same experience again. I should not however, have worried at all. The whole procedure was worry and pain free due to the professionalism and care from Mr Lewis and his team. I can often not tolerate oral painkillers on an empty which my anethatist listened to and ensured I was able to have intravenous pain killers, therefore allowing me to be pain free. The nursing team went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and well looked after, and Mr. Lewis visited me reguarly to make sure I was recovering as expected. Thank you so much from a very grateful NHS patient, Mrs June Orange.

20th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Wish to report I had. TKR on the 7th nov Unser the care of mr James Lewis at Gordon Hall hospital a conformis knee, this is the second knee first one two years ago, can not speak highly enough of great care and easy to talk to surgeon, absolutely delighted and only 12 days post surgery but already reasonably pain free, fairly mobile already. And a great big thank you and highly recommended to anyone, and recommend highly a conformis knee for a quicker pain free recovery.

Short link to review Mr James Lewis: http://iwgc.net/ed6u2