Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I received a full knee replacement under the care of Mr Lewis on February 6th. It is only 8 days since the operation but I am already walking largely unaided and the pain is easing each day. The consultations were extremely professional and comprehensively covered all the issues involved. The operation was carried out with the minimum of fuss and I was able to go home the following day with a detailed program of pain management and exercise. Mr Lewis’ team took great care of me both before and after the operation and whilst it is still early days I could not be happier with the initial post operative progress. Really fantastic work.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Everything was 100 per cent, I couldn't have wished for more. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Lewis to anyone. The whole experience made me think I was being cared for by a very experienced team. Thank you so much.

19th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Excellent care from Mr. Lewis & staff at Goring Hall Hospital on two occasions, having Total knee replacements to both knees. Very happy with Right knee done 5yrs ago. Likewise,so far, with the Left knee (having the 'Attune' implant this time) done 6 months ago. I wanted to compare & contrast the two. Initially the biggest difference being NO post operative pain this time!! Many factors must have influenced this pleasing outcome, but the Game Ready ice machine was so very soothing & a huge comfort to me. Another big difference was only spending one night in Hospital ( 4 nights last time). Ongoing recovery has been excellent in both cases. Enabling pain free mobility and the freedom to enjoy life! The comprehensive & helpful 'Post Operative Instruction' document by Mr. Lewis was informative & reassuring, especially important given the early discharge. I

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

From the first consultation I was completely at ease with Mr Lewis, he explained everything in detail about the replacement knee with what could be expected including any negative possibilities. which we found to be none. After the operation he visited me and told me about all he had found and what he had done which put my mind at rest completely. I would recommend Mr Lewis without any hesitation. I have had both knees operated on now and both working well.

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I recently saw James Lewis regarding a right knee replacement having already seen another specialist locally (we are in Essesx ) who advised I needed a new knee as I was knock kneed and should have the operation sooner rather than later as otherwise it would be difficult to do a good operation. Having seen an article in the newspapers regarding Mr Lewis, I decided to consult him. He explained all the options and suggested a Conformis knee replacement which was the one we were interested in. Our first consultation was very detailed and helpful and he explained all the pros and cons. Having decided on the operation a stay at Goring Hall for three days was suggested by Mr Lewis bearing in mind the proximity of Essex to Worthing. I felt I was treated exceptionally well at the Goring Hall and am completely satisfied with my excellent surgeon Mr Lewis and the team at Goring Hall. Everything was explained to me clearly before and after the op. I was walking with two sticks the day after the op and one stick on my third day. Once home I have not used sticks at all. I am now four weeks post operative and working with my physio. Everyone I speak to seems amazed at my progress. Due to the fact that we are some distance from Worthing it was easier to keep in contact by email and any queries I have had have been answered immediately by Mr Lewis which has been very helpful. I would certainly recommend James Lewis and the conformis knee replacement to my friends and have in fact done so on several occasions recently.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »