Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Having put up with severe knee pain for several years I was recommended to visit Mr James Lewis..I wish I had been given this advice years ago ! Mr Lewis advised that a left knee replacement was required. Never having ever been hospitalised in my 69 years on this earth being a type 2 diabetic and with claudication I was a little intrepid to say the least. I need not have worried .. Mr Lewis was very honest about possible risks but more importantly filled me with confidence and optimism. The pre op, nursing care, physio, care and consideration given to me by Mr Lewis and his team at Goring Hall was terrific. It is now 2 weeks since this operation was performed and as promised I was almost pain free immediately. I am able to drive ( an automatic) walk unaided but using a stick, on the advice of the physio, until the thigh muscle has gained strength .. it was very weak pre op as walking and exercise was so painful. My right knee is starting to give me trouble now and I cannot wait to return to Mr Lewis for the second op. Well done and thanks to all Charles Whitehead

18th July 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

The pre-operative assessment and explanation was very detailed, and options explored. The procedure was brilliantly explained with models, and the post-op Care and risks gone through. The spinal anaesthetic was again explained and as faultless, and after surgery at c3pm, I was comfortable in bed eating supper at 7pm. Pain relief was flawless, and after getting up and taking a few steps and stairs the next morning with the physio, went home at lunchtime. Thoroughly recommend the ice machine four times daily. It aided the swelling reduction and mobility greatly. I was off the opiate analgesic after a day, using only codeine thereafter, walking with two crutches for 10 days, and then only a stick, and safely back to driving at 3 weeks. Stairs are easy, and went for a 5 k walk after a month. I cannot speak highly enough of the total quality throughout the process , and now cannot wait for the other knee to be done after a 3 month gap. Mr James Lewis is thoroughly recommended.

24th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I found Mr Lewis and goring Hall extremely efficient and pleasant.

17th April 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

My first knee replacement was performed by Mr James Lewis on my left leg 18 months ago and has been absolutely great. I am one week in from having my right knee replaced by Mr Lewis and I am moving around, comfortable and reasonably pain free. Thank you Mr Lewis Frank W Chapman

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Mr James Lewis replaced my hip on 21st February at Goring Hall Hospital and I am delighted and amazed how wonderful I feel. I have at no time felt any pain whatsoever and now just after six weeks I am walking my dogs for an hour and have started gardening again. His particular method means I had no external stitches and could sleep on my side. The recommended pool exercises are very helpful in gaining strength. I left the hospital using only one stick with a careful drug regime which worked brilliantly with only very slight swelling. The nursing care was extremely good. I consider this surgeon to be exceptional at what he does and so do many of my friends. THANK YOU!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »