Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

Excellent care from Mr. Lewis & staff at Goring Hall Hospital on two occasions, having Total knee replacements to both knees. Very happy with Right knee done 5yrs ago. Likewise,so far, with the Left knee (having the 'Attune' implant this time) done 6 months ago. I wanted to compare & contrast the two. Initially the biggest difference being NO post operative pain this time!! Many factors must have influenced this pleasing outcome, but the Game Ready ice machine was so very soothing & a huge comfort to me. Another big difference was only spending one night in Hospital ( 4 nights last time). Ongoing recovery has been excellent in both cases. Enabling pain free mobility and the freedom to enjoy life! The comprehensive & helpful 'Post Operative Instruction' document by Mr. Lewis was informative & reassuring, especially important given the early discharge. I

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

From the first consultation I was completely at ease with Mr Lewis, he explained everything in detail about the replacement knee with what could be expected including any negative possibilities. which we found to be none. After the operation he visited me and told me about all he had found and what he had done which put my mind at rest completely. I would recommend Mr Lewis without any hesitation. I have had both knees operated on now and both working well.

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I recently saw James Lewis regarding a right knee replacement having already seen another specialist locally (we are in Essesx ) who advised I needed a new knee as I was knock kneed and should have the operation sooner rather than later as otherwise it would be difficult to do a good operation. Having seen an article in the newspapers regarding Mr Lewis, I decided to consult him. He explained all the options and suggested a Conformis knee replacement which was the one we were interested in. Our first consultation was very detailed and helpful and he explained all the pros and cons. Having decided on the operation a stay at Goring Hall for three days was suggested by Mr Lewis bearing in mind the proximity of Essex to Worthing. I felt I was treated exceptionally well at the Goring Hall and am completely satisfied with my excellent surgeon Mr Lewis and the team at Goring Hall. Everything was explained to me clearly before and after the op. I was walking with two sticks the day after the op and one stick on my third day. Once home I have not used sticks at all. I am now four weeks post operative and working with my physio. Everyone I speak to seems amazed at my progress. Due to the fact that we are some distance from Worthing it was easier to keep in contact by email and any queries I have had have been answered immediately by Mr Lewis which has been very helpful. I would certainly recommend James Lewis and the conformis knee replacement to my friends and have in fact done so on several occasions recently.

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

After years of knee problems, mainly due to football, my right knee finally gave out after a small stumble in December last year. After consultations with Mr Lewis he recommended that I have a custom made knee implant. Just 7 weeks after my first consultation I had my ConforMis total knee replacement in my right knee at the end of March, and was only in hospital overnight, after just 12 days, I saw Mr Lewis and he had me jumping up and down in his office! I started using the gym after just 3 weeks and road cycling after 7 weeks. I’m still in the gym (almost daily), have been back playing golf now for 2 months, ( just 4 months after the operation) the last two rounds I have walked the course as opposed to using a buggy and the knee has been excellent, a little bit of stiffness the next day, but nothing to write home about. Whilst in Spain in September I was climbing between 18-24 flights of stairs daily, plus step ups, and plenty of walking and swimming. I'm now using zero gravity machines (Jump Trainer) at Lanes Health Club, which is where my physiotherapist Sarah Jeremy resides, and can easily do double leg 'jumps' without any problems. You have to work hard to ensure that you build up the muscles in the thighs and around the knee, but it pays off and the recovery process is vastly improved. The ConforMis knee speeds up the process in comparison with an 'off the shelf' implant, which I had in my left knee. I was at the same position after two months with the ConforMis knee as I was at 6 months with the standard implant. I can honestly say, that I never expected the ConforMis knee to be as good as it is and obviously Mr Lewis' expertise and skill has a lot, I’m sure, to do with that. I would recommend anyone to consider this type of implant, and would certainly endorse and suggest they consult with Mr Lewis at Goring Hall.

1st October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I had a minimally invasive TKR in US a couple of years ago. I was at first a little sceptical to have a larger incision than that on my left knee. However, Mr Lewis explained to me me the reasons why his method was more preferred and assured me that my right knee would be much better than my left. He was absolutely right. The ConforMis Knee that Mr Lewis fitted in my right knee has been performing a huge lot better and my recovery has been far more accelerated than I imagined. I am only 10 days post surgery and have great movement. Huge thanks to Mr Lewis.

Short link to review Mr James Lewis: http://iwgc.net/ed6u2