Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

After years of knee problems, mainly due to football, my right knee finally gave out after a small stumble in December last year. After consultations with Mr Lewis he recommended that I have a custom made knee implant. Just 7 weeks after my first consultation I had my ConforMis total knee replacement in my right knee at the end of March, and was only in hospital overnight, after just 12 days, I saw Mr Lewis and he had me jumping up and down in his office! I started using the gym after just 3 weeks and road cycling after 7 weeks. I’m still in the gym (almost daily), have been back playing golf now for 2 months, ( just 4 months after the operation) the last two rounds I have walked the course as opposed to using a buggy and the knee has been excellent, a little bit of stiffness the next day, but nothing to write home about. Whilst in Spain in September I was climbing between 18-24 flights of stairs daily, plus step ups, and plenty of walking and swimming. I'm now using zero gravity machines (Jump Trainer) at Lanes Health Club, which is where my physiotherapist Sarah Jeremy resides, and can easily do double leg 'jumps' without any problems. You have to work hard to ensure that you build up the muscles in the thighs and around the knee, but it pays off and the recovery process is vastly improved. The ConforMis knee speeds up the process in comparison with an 'off the shelf' implant, which I had in my left knee. I was at the same position after two months with the ConforMis knee as I was at 6 months with the standard implant. I can honestly say, that I never expected the ConforMis knee to be as good as it is and obviously Mr Lewis' expertise and skill has a lot, I’m sure, to do with that. I would recommend anyone to consider this type of implant, and would certainly endorse and suggest they consult with Mr Lewis at Goring Hall.

1st October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I had a minimally invasive TKR in US a couple of years ago. I was at first a little sceptical to have a larger incision than that on my left knee. However, Mr Lewis explained to me me the reasons why his method was more preferred and assured me that my right knee would be much better than my left. He was absolutely right. The ConforMis Knee that Mr Lewis fitted in my right knee has been performing a huge lot better and my recovery has been far more accelerated than I imagined. I am only 10 days post surgery and have great movement. Huge thanks to Mr Lewis.

1st August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I was so pleased to be recommended to Mr Lewis as the only one in our area offering conformist knee replacement. I felt that I was in safe hands and appreciated the thorough consultation in explaining the benefits of this type of knee over the conventional one. I had the first knee replaced in November which all went well. I was not so impressesd with my aftercare as not everyone seemed to know how to use the equipment and I was not advised properly on the time I could stay. I would have liked two nights stay but didn't realise it was an option, as going home quickly was painful. Mr Lewis, although his visits were brief, he is a busy man, listened and asked how I was and was concerned for my pain level. I did experience pain in knee and had to have help in lifting it in and out of bed In January for the first time i. forgot that about my knee. The second one has just been replaced and already I can feel much improvement. Was it because I wasn't the first operation or have things improved. I have only slight pain on the inside when I move certain ways but not always. From day one have not needed support and ditched my stick. Mr Lewis kindly helped as I was going along corridor with zimmer on first day and he took my arm and said you don't need that and I walked with confidence. After one week I could walk 500 mts and day 12 I walked for half an hour. I do not exercise as much as is recommended as I would rather listen to my body as to what it can bare. I was scared to loose my bones but the benefits far out way any hesitancy as I am now on the way to a normal life and looking forward to getting back to a full life.

31st July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

When I first met Mr Lewis I was in a bad way being hardly able to walk or stand. I had been told many horror stories about knee operations that had gone wrong but his confidence soon reassured me that these stories were historic and that knee operations were now very successful. My first total knee replacement was exactly 4 weeks before my son’s wedding and was so successful that I enjoyed the whole day with no problems at all. I have recently had my other knee replaced, 8 months after the first one. I was discharged after one night and was able to easily climb the stairs in my house. Within two weeks I was walking without sticks. Knee replacements are very painful but Mr Lewis has a very structured regime for after care and medication. James Lewis is a brilliant surgeon who has transformed my life as I am now walking properly for the first time in years. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

When I met Mr Leeis my knee was in a very bad way, I was experiencing severe pain and unable to continue my sports & job. I had an X-ray and Mr Lewis recommend the ConforMIS knee. He explained the procedure and made me feel very confident about the procedure. I believe this knee is the very best on the market today, made to measure so it fits exactly. I have already recommended Mr Leeis to several people. I have experienced a lot of pain following the op which apparently is unusual but everyone is different and I had a very bad leg to start. James Lewis isgreat surgeon in my opinion.

Short link to review Mr James Lewis: http://iwgc.net/ed6u2