Mr James Lewis

49 year old Knee Surgeon specialising in Custom Knee Replacement and knee surgery in general. is driven to continually increase and improve the outcome of surgery and the experience. Listens, evaluates the problem and discusses all of your options. If you are seeking a high quality Knee Replacement, custom made and already computer navigated with reference to implant positioning then we would love to look after you. 0345 912 1000 Deborah.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

1st August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

I was so pleased to be recommended to Mr Lewis as the only one in our area offering conformist knee replacement. I felt that I was in safe hands and appreciated the thorough consultation in explaining the benefits of this type of knee over the conventional one. I had the first knee replaced in November which all went well. I was not so impressesd with my aftercare as not everyone seemed to know how to use the equipment and I was not advised properly on the time I could stay. I would have liked two nights stay but didn't realise it was an option, as going home quickly was painful. Mr Lewis, although his visits were brief, he is a busy man, listened and asked how I was and was concerned for my pain level. I did experience pain in knee and had to have help in lifting it in and out of bed In January for the first time i. forgot that about my knee. The second one has just been replaced and already I can feel much improvement. Was it because I wasn't the first operation or have things improved. I have only slight pain on the inside when I move certain ways but not always. From day one have not needed support and ditched my stick. Mr Lewis kindly helped as I was going along corridor with zimmer on first day and he took my arm and said you don't need that and I walked with confidence. After one week I could walk 500 mts and day 12 I walked for half an hour. I do not exercise as much as is recommended as I would rather listen to my body as to what it can bare. I was scared to loose my bones but the benefits far out way any hesitancy as I am now on the way to a normal life and looking forward to getting back to a full life.

31st July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

When I first met Mr Lewis I was in a bad way being hardly able to walk or stand. I had been told many horror stories about knee operations that had gone wrong but his confidence soon reassured me that these stories were historic and that knee operations were now very successful. My first total knee replacement was exactly 4 weeks before my son’s wedding and was so successful that I enjoyed the whole day with no problems at all. I have recently had my other knee replaced, 8 months after the first one. I was discharged after one night and was able to easily climb the stairs in my house. Within two weeks I was walking without sticks. Knee replacements are very painful but Mr Lewis has a very structured regime for after care and medication. James Lewis is a brilliant surgeon who has transformed my life as I am now walking properly for the first time in years. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

When I met Mr Leeis my knee was in a very bad way, I was experiencing severe pain and unable to continue my sports & job. I had an X-ray and Mr Lewis recommend the ConforMIS knee. He explained the procedure and made me feel very confident about the procedure. I believe this knee is the very best on the market today, made to measure so it fits exactly. I have already recommended Mr Leeis to several people. I have experienced a lot of pain following the op which apparently is unusual but everyone is different and I had a very bad leg to start. James Lewis isgreat surgeon in my opinion.

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

From the initial consultation onwards, Dr. Lewis was absolutely fantastic! He listened, he got me every treatment that was required straight away and he cared. The pain I was in was tremendous and he acted so promptly to help relieve this. I cannot thank him enough. I know it is only through his skill and expertise that I am on the road to recovery and I love him for that! I would thoroughly recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Goring Hall Hospital

he is totally dedicated to ensuring his patients get the best possible outcome.the aftercare was very detailed and with full backup from the whole team.i was not aware an operation had taken place so cannot comment on what happened but got a detailed report after.if i have to have my other hip replaced i would definately return as my first choice.

Short link to review Mr James Lewis: http://iwgc.net/ed6u2