mr-james-kirkby-bott-1

Mr James Kirkby-Bott

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
13th June 2021

Mr Kirkby-Bott diagnosed my thyroiditis (with a multi-nodular goitre) initially back in June 2020 during the first lockdown. He was very calm, listened to my questions and suggested a partial left thyroidectomy, to help resolve my constrictive/pressure symptoms around my throat and neck. I decided to have it done six weeks ago and I feel so much better. He said that the remaining right side of the thyroid would cope on its own and my recent thyroid functioning blood tests are normal, which I am so pleased about. The nursing team with Mr Kirkby-Bott and the admin staff at The Spire were very professional and caring throughout my stay there. I was even able to eat a tuna sandwich and crisps two hours after my operation! I have a slight pulling sensation when I swallow, but as I continue to do my daily neck exercises and neck massage, this will gradually improve too. I would definitely recommend Mr Kirkby-Bott and his team.

Written by a NHS patient at Southampton Nhs Treatment Centre
12th June 2021

I was so impressed with Dr Kirkby-Bott who performed a hernia operation on me about 2 years ago using local anaesthetic. He was very polite, professional and caring. He performed the operation very quickly and efficiently and everything went smoothly. I do not like doctors or hospitals but he made me feel very at ease. I now have a hernia on the other side that needs another operation and I refuse to be treated by any other surgeon. I am lucky and thankful that he will be performing the second one on me so I am not as worried as I was for the first one. I cannot recommend him enough.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
8th June 2021

Mr Kirkby-Bott performed a hernia repair on me whilst the Spire was assisting the NHS during the Covid pandemic. During my initial consultation he kindly explained the options available to me and even on the day of the operation was happy to answer any additional questions I had either before or after the operation. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Mr Kirkby-Bott and his team. He never made me feel rushed and was always kind and patient.

Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
27th January 2021

Good quality surgical procedure completed, very efficiently done, excellent results.

19th February 2021
Response from Mr James Kirkby-Bott

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear.

Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
30th November 2020

I am extremely grateful to Mr Kirkby-Bott and his team for managing to arrange an urgent operation for my hernia. It had become very painful and was preventing my ability to work, so it was with a great sense of relief when I received news of a date for my operation. From my initial consultation through to discharge from the Spire Hospital in Southampton, the level of care and professionalism was exceptional. I felt reassured at every point and followed the thorough preparations laid out before my admission. I was able to be discharged shortly after my operation after a further consultation with Mr Kirky-Bott and I found this to be of great benefit. I really can't thank or praise the whole team enough. It has had a life-changing positive effect for me and enabled me to continue helping others through my volunteering efforts during the COVID pandemic. I am eternally grateful. Thank you so much James Brooke

I am an endocrine, hernia, gallbladder and general surgeon in Hampshire UK. Details on JamesKirkbyBott.com I am the leading surgeon at Hernia Clinic Hampshire (www.HerniaClinicHampshire.com) that specialises in simple local anaesthetic hernia repairs. Local anaesthetic hernia repair is available to all age groups and underlying medical conditions and has a faster recovery than general anaesthetic and keyhole repairs. Trained in the endocrinology of surgical disease Wessex endocrine provides expert surgical endocrinology advice on all aspects of surgical and non surgical care for thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disorders. I also provide gallbladder, emergency surgery and soft tissue lump surgery. www.JamesKirkbyBott.com www.HerniaClinicHampshire.com

Nearest Endocrinologists