mr-james-kirkby-bott

Mr James Kirkby-Bott

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
27th November 2022

I consulted Mr Kirby- Bott with an uncomfortable hernia , with particular concern that I would be traveling overseas for some long periods over the following 3 months - he diagnosed the condition and we discussed surgical options , then jointly developed a clinical plan that accounted for my travel plans - he proposed to schedule surgery between 2 of my planned trips that would then allow suitable time for recovery . Following the consultation ,I felt very reassured and also found excellent information on the Hernia Clinic website - I followed all the advice both pre/ post surgery including using the recommended hernia pants - post surgery I experienced minimal pain and recovered well having followed all recommendations The administration team were professional , very responsive and made everything easy for me

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
2nd October 2022

Overall the care and treatment I received was excellent, stress free and very prompt but, in my opinion, was very expensive. I used my own money as a private payment for treatment that should have been available promptly via the NHS. I think even greater emphasis could be give the the benefits of hernia pants in relief of symptoms before surgery.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital
17th August 2022

My hernia problem started October 21. Diagnosed by a consultant in February 22 as a femoral hernia. I faced a long wait for surgery repair due to concern over the use of general anesthetic with my ongoing cardiac AF condition. In late May, a Friday evening emergency A&E visit and painful manipulation by a duty surgeon prompted me to look for a private alternative. I found Mr. Kirkby-Bott on-line, the Hernia Clinic website was so informative explaining his innovative work on hernia day surgery for all ages and all health conditions. The best decision ever for removing stress, the speed with which things progressed was brilliant the surgery completed by the second week of June. Mr. Kirkby-Bott clearly explained the procedure and the anesthetist reassured me about the local anesthetic and sedation, and how to make best use of the take home medication. I followed the medical team advice to the letter, only using the strong tablets for the first 4 nights to aid sleep, I am pleased 8 weeks on to be feeling energized, back to my normal activities and planning to rejoin my Pilates class for the new term in September. Thank you to Mr. Kirkby-Bott for his skill and to the team for their diligence and excellent care.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital
17th August 2022

9th July 2022

Hi, my name is maimuna Aminulai had my thyroid surgery 2 days ago, initially i was so scared but the medical teams were so wonderful, made me comfortable enough to go through the surgery. Yeah just wanna say thank you so much for a successful operation. Of course Dr James Kirby you are such a lovely person thank you so much.

Mr James Kirkby-Bott was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an endocrine, hernia, gallbladder and general surgeon in Hampshire UK. Details on JamesKirkbyBott.com

I am the leading surgeon at Hernia Clinic Hampshire (www.HerniaClinicHampshire.com) that specialises in simple local anaesthetic hernia repairs. Local anaesthetic hernia repair is available to all age groups and underlying medical conditions and has a faster recovery than general anaesthetic and keyhole repairs.

Trained in the endocrinology of surgical disease Wessex endocrine provides expert surgical endocrinology advice on all aspects of surgical and non surgical care for thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disorders.

I also provide gallbladder, emergency surgery and soft tissue lump surgery.

www.JamesKirkbyBott.com