mr-james-hewes

Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital
20th September 2019

I met Mr Hewes for the first time today . Was very nervous for today's appointment but that changed as soon as Mr Hewes introduced himself. He was warm and friendly, listened to me, answered all my questions and best of all explained all details thoroughly .

Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital
29th August 2019

James was very informative when seeing him. He gave me lots of information about my procedure and checked that I understood, and ensured I had attended all appointments I was meant to. He then asked my opinion and wanted to double check I was happy with the option I had picked. There was no judgement just guidance to help me make an informed decision. I would recommend anyone seeing James.

I finished my undergraduate training at the University of Sheffield in 1995. Following a year in Australia, I completed my surgical training in London and the South East. My MD thesis on liver surgery was at the Royal Free Hospital I specialise in laparoscopic (keyhole) abdominal surgery, especially gallstone and gastro-oesophageal reflux. I am also a Bariatric (weight loss) surgeon having completed a fellowship at UCH, London. I offer Bariatric operations including band, bypass and sleeve gastrectomy as well as revision surgery

Short link to review Mr James Hewes: http://iwgc.net/echgl