mr-james-gibbs

Written by a private patient at The Montefiore Hospital
17th May 2022

Mr Gibbs has replaced both my hips, the first in January and the second 12 weeks later. I found him to be very straight forward and clear in explaining the options to me and his whole approach was caring and professional. I felt listened to, respected and encouraged every step of the way. It is nearly 3 weeks since my second op and I am walking approx 2 miles per day. These ops have transformed my life for the good. I would definitely recommend Mr Gibbs. Thank you Mr Gibbs - you're an absolute star.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Haywards Heath
27th April 2022

Mr James Gibbs recently completed a total hip replacement for me at the Nuffield, Haywards Heath. His competence, professionalism and his reassuring attitude of patient care are impressive. He responded to and treated my concerns perfectly. He is straightforward and answers questions head on in simple non medical speak. Mr Gibbs clearly leads a dedicated team of professionals who recognise their leader and set the patient’s care and return to health as a priority. I have not the slightest hesitation in recommending Mr Gibbs.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Haywards Heath
22nd April 2022

I have had a knee replacement that went very well was up walking the next day and whilst there was pain in the first couple of days it was well managed and I was quickly on the road to recovery. I feel I have recovered much quicker with this knee than when I had the other knee done I would definitely recommend Mr. Gibbs.

Written by a NHS patient at The Montefiore Hospital
7th April 2022

Understanding engaged excellent The procedure went extremely well with a perfect outcome I was looked after extremely well from start to finish by Mr Gibbs I would strongly recommend him

Written by a NHS patient at The Montefiore Hospital
31st March 2022

Mr Gibbs replaced my right hip in early February. It was bone on bone and so painful. Even sleeping became a struggle. Everything was explained fully.and two hours after the operation I was walking around my room. Only discomfort came from the wound itself which was sore for a few days no pain from the hip at all. After two days at home I could walk around without crutches. Two weeks later I could walk for a good twenty minutes which has built steadily up. Driving was no problem after five weeks. In fact I don’t think about the replacement at all. This operation has changed my life all thanks to Mr Gibbs.

Mr James Gibbs was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr James Gibbs specialises in managing hip, knee conditions along with sports injuries. He regularly performs hip and knee replacement surgery, redo joint replacement surgery and soft tissue/sports injury operations. He works as a Consultant in the NHS at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust. He forms part of the regional Major Trauma Service. Here he treats severely injured patients and runs the tertiary referral Pelvic and Acetabular fracture service, treating patients referred from other hospitals. He also forms part of the Complex Arthroplasty Unit, working in a team of Orthopaedic Consultants dealing with complex joint replacement problems.. Mr James Gibbs completed his basic surgical training at St. Peter’s Hospital, Surrey and graduated from The Royal London Hospital in 1998. He had also completed his Orthopaedic Registrar training on the South-West Thames programme. This included one year working in a Level One Trauma Centre in Waikato, New Zealand. After Registrar training he completed a fellowship in trauma and limb reconstructive surgery at St. Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey. This was followed by further fellowship training in complex hip and knee arthroplasty and pelvic & acetabular reconstruction at St. George’s Hospital, London. Mr Gibbs' Orthopaedic subspecialty interests are hip and knee conditions ranging from soft tissue and sports injury problems, including ligament reconstruction, through to joint replacement and managing infected and failed joint replacements. He also has an interest in trauma and limb reconstruction including a specialist interest in treating pelvic fractures and fractures of the hip joint. This also includes managing fractures around joint replacements. Personal profile: Mr Gibbs is married with three children, so his main activity outside of work is trying to ensure that they don’t inflict serious harm on themselves when climbing, scooting, cycling and generally doing what young children do!

Short link to review Mr James Gibbs: http://iwgc.net/efiyd