mr-james-gibbs

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Haywards Heath
2nd October 2020

100% proffessional consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon ,completed both Total knee replacements giving both confidence and reassurance in doing so. Thanyou Mr Gibbs

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Haywards Heath
9th September 2020

Mr Gibbs completed a total hip replacement for me following years of treatment for knee and hip issues. Being a younger patient and concerned about the process, he calmly reassured me that I would regain my life and be able to engage in all the physical activities I wished to participate in. The surgery was very straightforward and recovery has thus far been fantastic. Me Gibbs’ calm and listening nature is refreshing and reassuring and I have heard nothing but positive reviews from others I have spoken to who have received treatment from him.

Written by a patient at The Montefiore Hospital
4th September 2020

I researched extensively who I should allow to Operate on my left Hip Replacement. All the professionals I asked recommended James Gibbs. My Operation was a complete success medically and far exceeded my expectations on lack of pain, rehab etc. I also find James Gibbs to have an excellent communication style. Hugely knowledgeable; humble and very reassuring. I now need a right Hip replacement and would not consider ANY alternatives.

Written by a patient at The Montefiore Hospital
13th February 2020

Mr Gibbs carried out a total hip replacement in January 2020 to treat pain and mobility issues due to hip dysplasia. During my assessment he was very clear and professional and gave detailed responses to my questions. His clarity and confidence in the procedure he uses was reassuring before, during and after the operation. I would highly recommend Mr Gibbs.

Mr James Gibbs specialises in managing hip, knee conditions along with sports injuries. He regularly performs hip and knee replacement surgery, redo joint replacement surgery and soft tissue/sports injury operations. He works as a Consultant in the NHS at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust. He forms part of the regional Major Trauma Service. Here he treats severely injured patients and runs the tertiary referral Pelvic and Acetabular fracture service, treating patients referred from other hospitals. He also forms part of the Complex Arthroplasty Unit, working in a team of Orthopaedic Consultants dealing with complex joint replacement problems.. Mr James Gibbs completed his basic surgical training at St. Peter’s Hospital, Surrey and graduated from The Royal London Hospital in 1998. He had also completed his Orthopaedic Registrar training on the South-West Thames programme. This included one year working in a Level One Trauma Centre in Waikato, New Zealand. After Registrar training he completed a fellowship in trauma and limb reconstructive surgery at St. Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey. This was followed by further fellowship training in complex hip and knee arthroplasty and pelvic & acetabular reconstruction at St. George’s Hospital, London. Mr Gibbs' Orthopaedic subspecialty interests are hip and knee conditions ranging from soft tissue and sports injury problems, including ligament reconstruction, through to joint replacement and managing infected and failed joint replacements. He also has an interest in trauma and limb reconstruction including a specialist interest in treating pelvic fractures and fractures of the hip joint. This also includes managing fractures around joint replacements. Personal profile: Mr Gibbs is married with three children, so his main activity outside of work is trying to ensure that they don’t inflict serious harm on themselves when climbing, scooting, cycling and generally doing what young children do!

Short link to review Mr James Gibbs: http://iwgc.net/efiyd