Mr Irshad Shaikh

I am a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich.

30th November 2016
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Following diagnostic procedures I was seen by Mr Sheikh who very clearly discussed my problem and the operation he proposed to carry out. The major operation performed by Mr Shaikh and his staff was a great success and the care I received at the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital was first class. Mr Shaikh has continued to see me and he has very patiently and carefully explained the next steps to aid my full recovery. I can not thank Mr Shaikh enough for everything he has done for me and the caring and professional manner in which he has carried it out.

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Norwich Hospital

Mr Shaikh was great from the first day we met to the operation and the post op meeting. Very friendy with a good sense of humour. He was professional throughout and did a great job on my hernia op with no problems and very little discomfort after the first 3 days. I would recommend this gentleman without a doubt. Well done Irshad and may thanks, keep up the great work.

12th November 2016
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Mr Shaikh treated me with courtesy, kindness and consideration. Following diagnostic testing he explained my condition fully and answered my questions very clearly. I can thoroughly recommend him.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Laparoscopic rectiplexy Sacrocolpoplexy(including laparoscopic) Mr Shaikh and Mr Mukhopadhyay both operated on me at the same time, they were very, very good in their pre and post op care, the operation was very complicated and took longer than we expected, but so far, so good. Day one was pretty uncomfortable, being checked every hour for blood pressure, temperature, pulse, etc. Day two showered alone after quite a Good night, not too mobile but managed to walk to the bathroom, and managed it alone, scar quite uncomfortable but not too bad, day three sent home. First week very limited in doing anything for myself, went to GP and nurse removed clips from wound on tenth day, hadn't healed completely so had to visit GP every other day for redressing, week two much improved but still quite limited and having wound dressed. Dressings down to every other day. Week three improving every day, eventually told no dressings needed. Great news. Week four, feeling much more like my older self, still have to be careful on lifting, stretching etc but much more mobile. Must just remember not to do too much. Saw Mr Shaikh and he's told me that I am doing well and to take things easy as it's very early days, didn't realise what a big op this was. Can't fault Mr Shaikh and Mr Mukhopadhyay they have been amazing. Thank you guys.

7th September 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Norwich Hospital

Mr Shaikh was very welcoming and considerate right from my first visit. He discussed my options clearly with both me and my husband, even drawing a basic diagram to help us understand better. I am pleased to say that the operation he performed was a complete success.

Short link to review Mr Irshad Shaikh: http://iwgc.net/egrpl