Mr Irshad Shaikh

I am a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich.

« 1 2 3 4 »

14th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Norwich Hospital

After suffering with piles for the past few years, it got to the point where the nagging and excruciating pain had become constant and unbearable, (not good when I'm a keen Road cyclist and Mountain Biker!!), so from the onset of 2017 I was going to get this sorted, once and for all, albeit having to overcome the embarrassment, with some apprehension. Early in the year I was referred to Mr Shaikh, where from the onset he instantly made me feel such at ease, with his professionalism, very approachable personality, and his empathetic approach to my very personal and would-be embarrassing problem. It certainly helped that he has a good sense of humour too! He explained everything very clearly and made sure I knew what all the options were that were open to me, and what all the pro's, con's and success rates were for each of the options. Unfortunately for me I had to go through all of the options along the path to (hopefully) finally getting sorted, from initially starting off with the "banding" process, through to having 2 bouts of surgery, under General Anaesthetic. At each and every step of the way, Mr Shaikh was absolutely brilliant, such care and dedication in making sure I was ok, explaining everything thoroughly, and what to expect during the recovery process. I saw Mr Shaikh, last Tuesday (10th October), where he was pleased with my recovery, to such an extent that he has signed me back over to my own GP. I am still in the "Healing" stage at present, but what a transformation from where I initially started out from. I cannot speak more highly of, nor recommend Mr Shaikh more, for this transformation. I am hugely thankful to Mr Shaikh, as this has also brought me a much better state of well-being too! Looking forwards to "pain-free" cycling from now on!!

14th July 2017
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Excellent understanding and advice. Chose sphincterotomy rather than botox injection and would recommend this as an option to others to cure this problem.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Great service and very professional the only comment I would make is to speak a little more slowly to allow patients to absorb information

30th June 2017
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Mr Shaikh has been the ultimate professional, he is extremely knowledgeable in the field and very dedicated. he also shows compassion and care on what is an embarrassing problem to have. I would highly recommend

14th June 2017
Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Having spent the first four months of this year house bound because of a prolapsed bowel, with embarrassing and distressing symptoms, I was relieved to be referred to Mr Shaikh. He explained the surgical procedure for a Laparascopic rectal mesh operation very clearly and after diagnostic tests I was admitted to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital in May. The result is nothing short of a miracle. I am now back to my normal life and activities and cannot thank Mr Shaikh enough. Thanks, too, to the Anaesthetist and nursing staff for their care and attention.

« 1 2 3 4 »