mr-irshad-shaikh-1

Written by a patient at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
11th February 2020

A fantastic man . I had a very large hernia (it was so large was filmed for training)that mr Shaikh did by keyhole surgery I was in hospital at 1 pm and home by 7 pm I had very little pain the following day I went for a long walk on the beach and used very little pain killers for 2 days only . A highly recommend surgeon .

Written by a patient at Spire Norwich Hospital
30th April 2019

In relation to other conditions experienced by patients in this review mine was somewhat minor. Although it brought annoying levels of discomfort when sitting, and prevented me from enjoying my favourite past time of cycling. My GP had diagnosed a pilonidal sinus in April 2018, saying that there was little that could be done medically except a surgical intervention if the condition deteriorated. By November 2018 my tolerance level had reached zero, I asked my GP to arrange a consultation at the Spire Hospital with a view to a surgical intervention. As a result I had a consultation with Mr Shaikh, who I found to be a good listener in the extreme; he displayed a high level of empathy and explained in easily understood terms the options open to me. He stressed that the surgical route although available was not without risks associated with the anal part of the body. He suggested that I wait and watch whilst maintaining an extreme level of hygiene and hopefully the condition would clear up. However, if the problem persisted I was contact him again in March to re-visit the probability of a surgical procedure. By following Mr Shaikh’s advice rigorously for several weeks the condition improved and eventually healed completely. A surgical solution was not required. Although in the realm of private health care, there was never any pressure to take the more expensive surgical option. Without any hesitation I would say that Mr Shaikh is a solid, approachable and caring individual who places the wellbeing of his patients first.

Written by a patient at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
3rd April 2019

I was referred to Mr Shaikh by my local hospital to perform surgery for anal cancer. From my first consultation with him he demonstrated great empathy for my situation, without patronising me. He fully explained the very complex procedure along with all the ‘pros’ and ‘cons’. He described realistic expectations in an honest, but gentle manner. He showed respect for me as a patient and answered all questions fully, without making me feel that I was asking silly questions. He kept me fully informed of the treatment I could expect, even phoning me a couple of days before my planned op date to update me on information he had received from colleagues. My operation was totally successful I am delighted to say. Whilst on the ward, Mr Shaikh and the surgical team continued to treat me with respect, informing me of my condition and outcomes in an honest, professional but friendly manner. The whole experience was totally patient centred. At a follow up appointment some weeks after discharge Mr Shaikh was encouraging and motivational about my good recovery, which, no doubt, aided my recovery further. I extend this positive review and sincere thanks to the whole of the colorectal surgical team and nurses that supported me on Dilham ward and HDU during my stay at NNUH.

Written by a patient at Spire Norwich Hospital
14th March 2019

Dr Shaikh is a very helpful and friendly person.I would recommend him and the team that was working with him 100%. The way things were explained to me before and after my opp were fantastic.

I am a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich.

Short link to review Mr Irshad Shaikh: http://iwgc.net/egrpl