Mr Ioannis Polyzois

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

21st July 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I had a arthroscopic repair on my right shoulder , I thought I would be in a lot of pain and was very nervous. Mr Polyzois put my mind at ease and I did not have any pain after, in fact I had no painkillers at all. he had explained what would happen and how long I would need physio etc. I can honestly say I healed very quick, no problems whatsoever. Great doctor. Thank you very much for doing the operation.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I had been experiencing shoulder and arm pain for weeks and was referred to Mr Polyzois. After an initial examination I was sent for an ultrasound which was booked very promptly after my consultation. Following the results of the ultrasound, Mr Polyzois recommended a course of action to be a steroid injection in the shoulder initially and surgery if this was not successful. The injection was a success and the pain vanished almost instantly and 4 weeks on has not returned, so thankfully no need for surgery. Mr Polyzois was friendly, professional and I felt in very safe hands being referred to him.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I was referred to Mr Polyzois for continuous pain in both my shoulders. I found him to be extremely cordial , professional and able to answer all my questions in a manner that I could understand (not medical jargon !). I ended up having arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression operations on both shoulders but not before Mr Polyzois had tried other treatments to try and avoid surgery. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this man to anyone as he is a skilled surgeon , caring medic and very knowledgeable in his profession .

19th July 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

After following the process of elimination of ultrasounds and ultrasound guided steroid injections I was diagnosed as needing surgery for impingement. This is where I met Mr Polyzois, he examined me and straight away decided on the action that was to be taken on both my shoulders, obviously the worst one first. My quality of life was poor I could not lift my arms or even lay on my sides , I was living on strong pain killers. Over to Mr Polyzois who carried out the surgery. The first shoulder was a subcromial decompression and a c joint resection. The second shoulder was the same but with the addition of a bicep tenodesis. Mr Polyzois is a fantastic surgeon who has given me back both my shoulders. Both operations were super smooth and very clean , I can hardly notice the scars, very neat. I have full strength total mobility and NO pain. Mr Polyzois is a total professional and outstanding surgeon, and his aftercare is also fantastic from follow up appointments to see if alls well to organising physio for you. Professional, super knowledge, efficient, caring, understanding, helpful and a fabulous surgeon, I could go on. Could he improve, well they say theres always room for improvement but all I would say is how can you improve on perfection. Mr Polyzois I thank you sir, with many warm regards Paul Harris.

7th July 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I broke my right collarbone twice in 6 months and was taken care of by this great professional. Did not question my life choices (which alot of doctors have done in the past) which I admire greatly. I will be going back to have the plate removed by Dr. Polyzois. No-one else if possible! 5 Stars *****

Short link to review Mr Ioannis Polyzois: http://iwgc.net/egdnr