mr-ioannis-polyzois

Mr Ioannis Polyzois

Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital
10th January 2021

After 6 dislocations I was sent for shoulder stabilization surgery. Dr. Polyzois is the best surgeon I know. Surgery went really well. After surgery I got few appointments with him to see how am I doing and if everything going well with my shoulder. If I need to go again he will be my first choice. I highly recommend him. Eva M.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
3rd January 2021

After several physiotherapy sessions, I had an initial consultation with Mr Polyzois who immediately recommended an MRI scan and diagnosed the issues with my shoulder. Treatment was delayed due to the suspected issues with injections during the pandemic. The injections and following physiotherapy gave some relief, but Mr Polyzois recommended an operation to resolve the issue. Three months on, I am delighted with the result. I have full movement and am pain free at last. At all stages of my treatment, Mr Polyzois explained options and ensured my questions were fully answered. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Polyzois; he is professional, calm and approachable.

Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital
18th December 2020

Dr Polyzois was v professional and knowledgeable. He offered me PRP injections (after a v prompt MRI) of which I needed 6 (in total for both elbows) and then eventually a tennis elbow operation on one of them. His approach was caring and flexible with well spaced visits throughout, adapting his advice and approach where needed according to my pain. I had the option of various locations too and times to fit in with my life when seeing him. The operation went v well too with lots of follow up care as required. He was realistic in managing my expectations too. I would highly recommend this doctor .

Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital
12th December 2020

I required surgery to repair a fractured wrist. The procedure was a great success and I am now well on my way to recovering total movement. Throughout the entire experience I received excellent care and advice from Mr Polyzois. If you are unfortunate enough to require similar treatment I would certainly recommend Mr Polyzois and his team to you.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
8th December 2020

Mr Polyzois is extremely professional and puts his patients at the heart of everything he does. Nothing was ever too much trouble and he took every opportunity to explain what procedures I was having done, why and the outcomes. Mr Polyzois always ensured I understood what was going on and spoke clearly without jargon or using too much medical terminology, which I was grateful for. I can not recommend Mr Polyzois, his work ethic, care and commitment to his patients highly enough.

Mr Ioannis Polyzois was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Ioannis Polyzois is an experienced and skilled consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon at the Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic in Chertsey. He is an expert in shoulder and upper limb surgery, for which he is at the top of his field. He specialises in arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery, rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilisation, complex upper limb trauma, the latest techniques in reconstructive surgery for sports upper limb injuries and all types of upper limb joint replacement surgery. After qualifying from Liverpool University Medical School, Mr Polyzois completed his postgraduate trauma and orthopaedic training in Leeds, Athens and London. In this time, he worked in major trauma and elective centres, including Leeds General Infirmary and University College London Hospital. Whilst studying in Athens, he was the gold medallist in the Athens orthopaedic exit exam diploma and in the European Board Diploma. Mr Polyzois has also completed dual specialist fellowship training in shoulder and upper limb surgery at the Rowley Bristow unit in Chertsey and at the world-renowned Reading Shoulder Unit, a centre of excellence in this field. Alongside his clinical commitments, Mr Polyzois is very active in his research, with more than 25 ‘medline’ peer-reviewed publications and authorship of several book chapters in orthopaedics and sports surgery. Mr Polyzois also presents regularly, both nationally and internationally on shoulder and elbow surgery, sports injuries and orthopaedics.

Short link to review Mr Ioannis Polyzois: http://iwgc.net/egdnr