Mr Ioannis Polyzois

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

15th January 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Dr Polyzois demonstrated high standards of professionalism at all times. Knowledgable, sympathetis, kind reassuring and totally trustworthy.

12th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I recently had shoulder/rotator cuff issues for which my medical insurers had pushed for me to do physiotherapy. After 3 months with limited improvement, I was referred to Mr Polyzois for consultation. At the initial consultation he referred me for an MRI following a brief series of physical tests, and explained his principal concerns about the limitation in my range of movement and pain experienced at the limits of these ranges. He quickly and personally helped arranged an MRI within a few days as well as a follow-up meeting. This was refreshing after the months of to-ing and fro-ing by the medical insurances. At the second consultation he took the time to walk me through the MRI images in detail, and explained exactly which elements concerned him and why. Fortunately the damage appeared to be limited to an impingement of the nerve and he recommended I get focused physiotherapy on the area to see if it would recover without any intervention on his part such as injections, and or shaving the bone to provide more room for the tendons. He also recommended a physiotherapist that he had confidence in and who has subsequently done great work helping me rehabilitate and strengthen the shoulder. Good news is that it seems to have healed. Prior to our (hopefully) final consultation he had confirmed with the physio that recovery prognosis was good, and has discharged me. I was very appreciative on a number of fronts: he provide good medical care, was accessible to be seen outside of usual 9-5 hours (7pm on Friday night for example), listened to my concerns and sports history, and finally recommended an excellent physio to help get me back on track.

8th January 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Last year Mr Polyzois performed an arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder. Before that I was in considerable pain and I was struggling to live my day to day life properly. As soon as I saw Mr Polyzois he reacted immediately and sent me for X-Rays and MRI scans. Throughout my surgery I felt informed and I was made to feel very relaxed by himself and his team. My aftercare following my surgery was in good time and any other procedures I needed was carried out with efficiency and care. Mr Polyzois has recently performed a further procedure on my shoulder and I cannot fault his attentiveness in listening to me and understanding my needs. His expertise has assisted me in feeling much better and his constant reassurance that I will be checked on later in the year is a great comfort.

2nd January 2019
Written by a patient at Runnymede Medical Practice

Mr Loannis Polyzois recently performed a successful arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder in Dec 2018. Mr Polyzois was very friendly, approachable, easy to talk to and listened very closely while I explained my problem. He sent me for x rays and an MRI. After diagnosis given and confirmed, Mr Polyzois performed arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder, where he went through everything that would happen from the moment I was admitted until the discharge. I can honestly say I had no real pain even after the nerve block wore off (even the original pain beforehand) I never felt afraid or unsure at any time because Mr Polyzois was always available. Thanks to his advice and guidance throughout the pre and post op time period coupled with the physiotherapy and with his help my quality of life is back to where is should be. The recovery has been well explained and treatment on track to surpass my expectation. Mr Polyzois was excellent throughout, I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone as I feel there is no better surgeon and always has time for his patients.

28th December 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I couldn’t raise my arm, and was in considerable pain. Dr. Polyzois has given me back the opportunity to enjoy my past times, and quality of life for which I am grateful. I cannot recommend Dr. Polyzois highly enough. Paul Edwards

Short link to review Mr Ioannis Polyzois: http://iwgc.net/egdnr