mr-ioannis-ntanos-1

Written by a NHS patient at The Pines Hospital
22nd September 2022

Dr Ntanos exceeded all of my expectations and demonstrated a quality of care and compassion that I have rarely seen before in a medical professional. His bedside manner is immaculate, his consultations are thorough and his sensitivity towards a person's needs, requests, circumstances, and even interests is greatly appreciated. His work is wonderful, and I truly believe that each surgery is unique to the patient, because he honestly cares about the final bespoke result, instead of a identical result between people. In addition, he provides a straightforward explanation of his process, that allows a patient to understand what results are realistically achievable, while still taking their preferences into account. It is also of note that he treats NHS patients with the same high level of care and respect as his private patients. It's apparent that he truly cares about the rights of the people he sees, and their aftercare, as well as telling his patients about charities they can provide unneeded binders and compression garments to, to help them manage their dysphoria. In conclusion, I cannot thank Dr Ntanos enough for what he has done for me, and in his own words: "It is and honour and a privilege" to have been one of his patients. - Jeffrey Maddison

Written by a NHS patient at The Pines Hospital
30th August 2022

I had surgery with Dr Ntanos on 25th July 2022. From the beginning video call back in 2020 until the moment I had my chest reveal, the service I received was more than I could ask for. During my initial consultation he was immediately friendly and it is obvious that he genuinely cares for trans people and wants to provide them with gender affirming care. I have a BMI of 40 so I am clinically obese which can often turn a lot of surgeons away but he never once made my size an issue. At my pre-op appointment, where I met him in person for the first time, he was just as friendly if not more so, and the appointment was smooth and not as scary as I was expecting. I am a naturally anxious person so I was very scared at the prospect of surgery and general anaesthesia, and all of my concerns and questions were answered at this session without judgement. It calmed me down a great deal. He was respectful when looking at and measuring my chest and didn't make the situation dwell for longer than it needed to. On the day of the surgery, Dr Ntanos and the team at the Pines Hospital were welcoming, kind and easily kept me calm down throughout the whole thing. No question was considered stupid and the reasoning behind every decision he made was explained to me. I woke up from the surgery feeling in pain and groggy but nothing unexpected, and I was looked after very well for the overnight stay with a good selection of food. I am now just over 1 month post-op and I have never been happier with my chest, and dog ears seems to have been avoided. Dr Ntanos did a great job of creating a masculine chest that is proportional to my body shape and I'll be grateful for the rest of my life. Cannot recommend enough.

30th August 2022

I had FTM Top surgery with My Ntanos at the Pines in August 2022. I have never had any surgery before and have never really been in hospital so I was very nervous. Mr Ntanos was extremely reassuring. At my pre-op he let me record our consultation and although I went with a list of 20 plus questions he answered them all in his consultation without me having to ask. I had a very large chest and so was worried about my results. Mr Ntanos took time to explain the possible issues and to make sure we both agreed on where we were prepared to compromise. I also hated seeing and showing my chest but he put me at ease when he had to examine me. On surgery day he came to see me beforehand and again was extremely reassuring. Post surgery I am extremely satisfied with my results and I have been very impressed with his post surgery contact. I am a worry wart and he has responded to all my messages providing reassurance in and prompt and effective manner. I highly recommend him.

30th August 2022

Mr Ntanos is a fantastic surgeon. I am thrilled with the results of my top surgery. Mr Ntanos was a very caring surgeon, took time to talk things through with me at my pace and was available to me at times of need both pre and post op. I can't recommend Mr Ntanos enough!

10th August 2022

Mr Ntanos has gone above and beyond with my surgery and my overall care. He has made sure i was aware and comfortable with every medical decision that could possibly take place and explained everything in great detail. he is easy to communicate with when needed. He made me feel very comfortable throughout the entirety of my care and continues to care, I can’t thank Mr Ntanos enough he has changed my life and I can’t repay him enough, I will forever be grateful and in debt to him. The nurses at the hospital also made me feel super comfortable when i was going under and all throughout my stay in the hospital which made the whole experience a lot easier so I really want to give thanks to them as well! Thank you so much Mr Ntanos and your team you have changed my life.

Mr Ioannis Ntanos was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant top surgeon, bioethicist and human rights advocate.
He/Him