mr-ioannis-ntanos-1

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a NHS patient at The Pines Hospital
18th March 2022

I had surgery with Mr Ntanos on the 7th of March, and even though I'm still early on in my healing process, I just couldn't wait to commend him for the amazing job he's done. I have never met a healthcare professional as dedicated and as passionate to helping the trans community as Mr Ntanos. It was refreshing to speak to someone who was compassionate and so well educated on trans matters that I immediately felt at ease and knew that I could trust him with a surgery that was so important to me. My first consultation with him left me feeling seen, heard, safe, and understood, which is rare to experience as a trans person receiving health care of any sort. He explained everything thoroughly to me during my first consultation, made sure that I understood everything, and answered any questions I had. When my surgery date came around, he made me feel completely at ease and was professional throughout the entire process. The nurses, anaesthetists, and recovery team are also really good at what they do, I cannot fault a single one of them. He also checked on me a few times once I was recovering in my hospital room just to make sure that my chest was okay which I really appreciated, and he assured me that the procedure went well. My recovery so far has been incredibly smooth and I haven't experienced a single problem. Since I live in Scotland, I've been contacting him via e-mail with any queries regarding the recovery process and communication has been great. My incisions are incredibly neat, and I am over the moon with my nipple placements. Mr Ntanos has exceeded all of my expectations, and I cannot thank him enough for the amazing job he's done. He truly is a phenomenal surgeon, and if you are considering his services then do so knowing that you'll be in safe hands under the best possible care. Trans healthcare needs more people like Mr Ntanos, it was a privilege to have him in charge of the surgery that has absolutely changed my life for the better!

Written by a NHS patient at North Manchester General Hospital
18th March 2022

Very tentative and gentle in actions and straight to the point and informative with directions. I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon and team.

Written by a private patient at The Pines Hospital
1st March 2022

Mr Ntanos is an all round Great surgeon. I had top surgery a month ago with him. He listened to everything I said during my consultation. I'm super happy with my results. He was there as soon as I came round from the anesthetic to reassure me that the surgery was finished and that everything had gone well. Would 100% recommend surgery with him. Super friendly and very attentive!

Written by a NHS patient at North Manchester General Hospital
24th February 2022

Doctor Ioannis Ntanos was amazing. Very professional and respectful and very very good at what they do. I have just had my 9 day post op and everything is healing very well. The incision’s are very thin and nipples are a great size. Throughout the different appointments mr ntanos was very efficient and answered any questions I had in recovery by email very fast. Friendly and it is evident they take care and pride in what they do. Thank you very much

Written by a private patient at The Pines Hospital
13th February 2022

I had my top surgery in the Pines in Manchester on the 29th of Jan 22, leading up to the surgery Ioannis was available to answer and questions and help me to prepare. He is always so personable and helped me to put any fears at ease. On the day of surgery, the nurses were amazing being supportive and kind and Ioannis reassured me and spent time with me before and after the operation. I had a quick recovery and with only three days in any real pain and very little bruising. Ioannis continues to check in on me and joined me by video call as we are not in the same city, to get my dressings off. I am so happy with the results and it’s only been two weeks. The scar lines are fine and nipples are well shaped and placed. I have always had a fear of hospitals and doctors and Ioannis has always made me feel comfortable and at ease. Looking forward to the next few weeks of healing.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Ioannis Ntanos was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant top surgeon, bioethicist and human rights advocate.
He/Him