mr-indy-s-sian

Written by a patient at Musgrove Park Hospital
5th December 2020

Doctor Sian is an amazing Doctor. He is very professional, friendly, patient and kind. I was referred to the Ophthalmology department of Musgrove Park Hospital from my optician with a pterygium on my left eye .I felt assured and relaxed that Doctor Sian would be there for me during my treatment from start to finish and even what to expect after the operation . I am more than impressed by the whole department and would support them in any way I could , it was a pleasure having my operation and I had no pain at all . Thank you Dr Sian and your amazing team .

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton
14th November 2020

Fantastic doctor.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton
22nd October 2020

I first met Mr Sian after I was referred by my optician. From my very first meeting I felt very comfortable and had full confidence in Mr Sian. He exudes a calmness and professionalism of the highest level and his knowledge of opthamology is greater than exceptional. From initial consultation right through surgery and aftercare I have felt completely at ease and confident in avert decision he has made. I personally cannot thank him enough for the amazing service and results he has achieved for me. I would not hesitate to family and friends should they require his services and skills in the future. Thank you so very very much Mr Sian.

Written by a patient at Musgrove Park Hospital
18th September 2020

In August 2020 after previous eye surgery had been cancelled due to Covid 19 Mr Sian and his excellent team at The Musgrove Hospital, replaced a deteriating corneal graft in my left eye. The aftercare has been great, with Mr Sian even contacting me at home by phone to see how I was progressing. He is very professional, and listens to what you say. I would like to thank him and his secretary who always reply to any questions you may ask. So far my vision has improved beyond expectations, I am back to driving and hope to be able to play golf in the near future.

Written by a carer at Musgrove Park Hospital
3rd September 2020

As the partner of a patient I can vouch for the life-changing effect of the DMEK operation which Mr Sian and his team performed on my husband last week. The effects of the rapid deterioration of his eyesight over the last few months were dramatic and unpleasant. He became much slower and more wary when moving around, which for a dedicated cyclist and walker is depressing, and was unable eventually to read to his grandchildren despite large size print and a magnifying glass. Newspapers became unintelligible quite early on and so eventually did any text on the television or iPad. This was demoralising and we were therefore very grateful when Mr Sian so quickly arranged to operate on the weaker eye. Immediately the dressing was removed after the operation it was obvious that the treatment had worked beyond our expectations and my husband is quickly regaining his independence and joie de vivre. We are very grateful to Mr Sian, and to Musgrove Park Hospital for offering such state-of-the-art surgery locally. As the ageing partner of an older patient (and most people with this condition are elderly) I could not have coped with driving him in to Bristol or London for treatment, and I don’t imagine that even longer car journeys are desirable after treatment like this. Our friends both here in Somerset and in London are very impressed that Musgrove Park Hospital is offering such sophisticated surgery.

Mr Indy Sian is a Consultant Eye Surgeon at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. Having completed dual training in Ophthalmology and Optometry he undertook advanced specialisation in the medical and surgical management of complex corneal and external eye disease, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery and refractive surgery at the world renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital London and The Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. In his role as a Consultant Eye Surgeon; Mr Sian conducts high volume cataract surgery and is the corneal, refractive and external eye disease lead clinician receiving referrals from across the region.

Nearest Ophthalmologists