mr-indy-s-sian

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Taunton
22nd October 2020

I first met Mr Sian after I was referred by my optician. From my very first meeting I felt very comfortable and had full confidence in Mr Sian. He exudes a calmness and professionalism of the highest level and his knowledge of opthamology is greater than exceptional. From initial consultation right through surgery and aftercare I have felt completely at ease and confident in avert decision he has made. I personally cannot thank him enough for the amazing service and results he has achieved for me. I would not hesitate to family and friends should they require his services and skills in the future. Thank you so very very much Mr Sian.

Written by a patient at Musgrove Park Hospital
18th September 2020

In August 2020 after previous eye surgery had been cancelled due to Covid 19 Mr Sian and his excellent team at The Musgrove Hospital, replaced a deteriating corneal graft in my left eye. The aftercare has been great, with Mr Sian even contacting me at home by phone to see how I was progressing. He is very professional, and listens to what you say. I would like to thank him and his secretary who always reply to any questions you may ask. So far my vision has improved beyond expectations, I am back to driving and hope to be able to play golf in the near future.

Written by a carer at Musgrove Park Hospital
3rd September 2020

As the partner of a patient I can vouch for the life-changing effect of the DMEK operation which Mr Sian and his team performed on my husband last week. The effects of the rapid deterioration of his eyesight over the last few months were dramatic and unpleasant. He became much slower and more wary when moving around, which for a dedicated cyclist and walker is depressing, and was unable eventually to read to his grandchildren despite large size print and a magnifying glass. Newspapers became unintelligible quite early on and so eventually did any text on the television or iPad. This was demoralising and we were therefore very grateful when Mr Sian so quickly arranged to operate on the weaker eye. Immediately the dressing was removed after the operation it was obvious that the treatment had worked beyond our expectations and my husband is quickly regaining his independence and joie de vivre. We are very grateful to Mr Sian, and to Musgrove Park Hospital for offering such state-of-the-art surgery locally. As the ageing partner of an older patient (and most people with this condition are elderly) I could not have coped with driving him in to Bristol or London for treatment, and I don’t imagine that even longer car journeys are desirable after treatment like this. Our friends both here in Somerset and in London are very impressed that Musgrove Park Hospital is offering such sophisticated surgery.

Written by a patient at Musgrove Park Hospital
3rd September 2020

My vision had been gradually deteriorating over the past 3 or 4 yrs and I have had regular checkups at Musgrove Park Hospital. This year during the COVID-19 lockdown my sight really began to fail significantly to the point that I asked for an earlier appointment than was scheduled. Mr Sian and the ophthalmology team responded immediately, ascertained the severity of my problem and when a cancellation created a slot, arranged for me to have a combined cataract removal and DMEK corneal graft operation. At all stages I was very impressed with the care and professionalism of the whole team led calmly and politely by Mr Sian. Everything was explained clearly to me at each stage and I felt that I fully understood the implications of the procedure.iThe results have been life-changing for me and I am extremely grateful for the care provided at Musgrove. To be able to have this operation in Taunton was invaluable as it would have been very difficult for me to have to travel further afield for the work to be done and had I had need for emergency care it was great to know that it was available here in Somerset.

#sayThankYou

thank you very much for your help and support very good at your job thank you

11th May 2020

Mr Indy Sian is a Consultant Eye Surgeon at Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. Having completed dual training in Ophthalmology and Optometry he undertook advanced specialisation in the medical and surgical management of complex corneal and external eye disease, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery and refractive surgery at the world renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital London and The Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. In his role as a Consultant Eye Surgeon; Mr Sian conducts high volume cataract surgery and is the corneal, refractive and external eye disease lead clinician receiving referrals from across the region.

Nearest Ophthalmologists