Mr Imran Liaquat

• Neurosurgery

21st December 2018
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I met Mr Liaquat after a referral from Occupational Health after being off work with sever back pain an numbness in my right leg. Mr Liaquat discuss all the options that he felt were available for me and I was happy to follow his advice. I had nerve block injections last December which were hugely successful, this then gave us hope that surgery would be successful so I was scheduled fr surgery in June 2018. This took place at the Western in Edinburgh and was a total success. This has been my second surgery, the first time (15 years ago)I was left with numbness in my right leg and foot, and even this has been removed following the second surgery. I am now totally pain and medication free, able to walk, dress, drive and attend work full time! I cannot thank Mr Liaquat and the staff for all their care and support, I truly have my life back. Thank you all.

26th November 2018

I had a consultation with Mr Liaquat at spire shawfair. I have been experiencing lower back pain with associated nerve pain down right leg. He took the time and listened to me and agreed that I was too young to be suffering these symptoms. He was able to reassure me that he thought he could help and was able to give reasonable timescales for appointments. He was very approachable and I felt comfortable during the consultation. I was able to communicate with him following this and he quickly arranged an appointment for me at spire murrayfield for nerve block injections. I couldn’t ask for any more. I would highly recommend Mr Liaquat to any other patients.

31st March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI King's Park Hospital

Recently had spinal surgery with Mr Liaquat. Could not recommend him high enough, the care and attention he provided was excellent. Extremely professional and efficient.

17th January 2018

The surgery Mr Liaquat performed was an L4/L5 interspinous decompression with interspinous co- flex spacer insertion. Mr Liaquat was excellent, he took time to explain the details of my procedure which I much appreciated. He was highly professional. Thanks to his skill, my surgery was a complete success. After a year of significant pain I am now pain free and walking with good posture. Mr Liaquat has my sincere thanks fo giving me my life back.

17th January 2018

My consultant, Mr Liaquat, was absolutely first class. He took time to explain the details of my surgery which I.much appreciated. He is highly professional and instilled a high level of confidence. My surgery was a success. I thank Mr Liaquat for his skill. I am delighted with the outcome of the procedure as he has given me my life back.

Nearest Neurosurgeons