Mr Ibrahim Malek

Mr Ib Malek joined BCUHB at Wrexham Maelor Hospital in January 2018 as Consultant Trauma and orthopaedic surgeon specialising in Lower Limb arthroplasty (Hip and Knee Replacement). He completed his specialist orthopaedic training from Wales training programme. He successfully completed 18 months fellowship at Adelaide, South Australia from Central Adelaide Health Network and prestigious Calvary Wakefield Hospital. His main interests are improving outcome following primary hip and knee arthroplasty, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) and revision hip and knee Arthroplasty procedures.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

I would sincerely like to thank Mr Malek for his skill and expertise during my recent hip replacement. I much appreciated his taking time to ring me at home pre-op and for his care and sense of humour post-op! Mr Malek's team - including Mr Bob Jones (Consultant Anaesthetist), the nursing staff on Prince of Wales ward, and the physio team - were fantastic and very professional. The relief is absolutely wonderful for any patient who has suffered severe arthritic hip pain. My heartfelt thanks to Mr Malek and all his team.

9th April 2018
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

Thanks for your kind comments about the team. Best wishes.

Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Malek for the excellent care i have received. Before my operation ( knee replacement) Mr Malek took plenty of time to listen to, and reassure me about any worries and concerns that i may have . During my recovery at home Mr Malek has even taken the time to ring me to see how i am feeling and how i am managing with physio. I have had my dressing removed today and the wound looks fantastic. I feel very fortunate to have had Mr Malek as my consultant. I couldn't have asked for better care. Once again thank you.

29th March 2018
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

Appreciate your kind comments. I hope you will be able to build up on this excellent early recovery towards a fruitful long term success after the procedure. See you soon. Best wishes.

Written by a carer at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

Mr Malek was very easy to speak to with concerns etc very conscientious and put James and us as parents at ease we trusted him implicitly and so far pleased with James’s ’ recovery

29th March 2018
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

Thanks for your feedback. I sincerely hope that James will be able to recover fully following this severe injury. This young man deserves the best care during his most important period of his life. See you soon. Best wishes.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

This Doctor has consistently maintained good contact with me, from before my total hip replacement to several weeks after. This is very reassuring if a patient has any worries or minor problems. In my case, there have been no problems at all, from the anaesthetist through the procedure, recovery, nursing care, physiotherapy and visits to home by district nurse. I am so impressed by the way the operation has gone. Thanks Mr. Malek!

1st April 2018
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

On behalf of my whole team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Best wishes.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital

Doctor Malek, is such a lovely man, he made me feel i was special, any one who has him to do your operation you are so lucky, i would recommend him to anyone, with him you are in such good hands, he always had a smile, and when i was so upset over my hip replacement op being cancelled so many times he was so kind and reassured me, and i have to add he is so good looking , i wish i was 40 years younger , thank you Dr Malek for being the best .

25th March 2018
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you are recovering well following a much deserved procedure. Looking forward to see you in near future to check on your progress. Best wishes.

Short link to review Mr Ibrahim Malek: http://iwgc.net/ef6x4