mr-ibrahim-malek

15th February 2020

Mr Malek is a ONE OFF. At my first appointment I felt so relaxed as he explained all the procedure of the knee replacement operation and spent time to listen if I had any concerns. After the operation done by spinal sedation he visited me in the ward and ensured me that everything went well. On my second appointment it was like meeting a close friend again,I had a couple of questions of which he explained fully and put my mind at rest. Mr Malek is a brilliant Consultant and a credit to the NHS.

30th January 2020

He is a good listener, explains things well and in detail then he does what he says he will do. I am very pleased with the care I received before during and after my operation and would recommend him and his team to anyone.

16th January 2020

Mr Malek was always extremely polite and efficient. He took care to explain the procedure he was going to carry out ( total knee replacement) and always answered any questions I had. He visited the ward whilst I was still in hospital, to ensure everything was as it should be. Since the operation ,I have been back for a six week check up, again , he took time to ensure I was completely happy and clear on the progress of my surgery. If I was to need any surgery in the future, I would be more than happy to have Mr Malek as my surgeon. His efficient, pleasant, no nonsense attitude was very refreshing. Thank you Mr Malek.

17th January 2020
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you are very happy with the care you received from my team. Many thanks for your recommendation and kind words. Best wishes for full recovery. IAM

11th January 2020

I have had two new hips in the last 18 months performed by Mr.Malik. In addition to performing the operations successfully he has a charming personality and very easy to talk to, it is hard to imagine any other surgeon at this level being so approachable, I have had appointments both privately and nhs and he is always the same not rushing and willing to listen to any concerns that you may have.

12th January 2020
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

I am delighted to hear that you are tpainfree finally and will be able to enjoy your quality of life. Many thanks for your recommendation. Best wishes for your recovery. IAM

Written by a patient at Spire Yale Hospital
11th January 2020

I had a THR by Mr Malek and his team at Spire Yale Hospital on 13 December. Today I am pain free in the hip joint, walking mostly unaided and (I am told) without a limp, driving an automatic car and very much looking forward to resuming an active life without hip joint pain. From the moment I met him Mr Malek inspired absolute confidence in me with regard to his knowledge and skills. All his reassurances have come true. The operation using a spinal block was stress free, recovery was speedy and every aspect of the service was excellent. All the support staff (nursing, auxilliary, physiotherapy and secretarial) were caring, professional and efficient. Nothing was any trouble to them pre-op, on the ward or post-op. I contacted the team a couple of times after the operation and received sound reassuring advice as well as confirmation that if I was really concerned I could call in at Wrexham or Abergele at any time. One of my enquiries was sent direct to Mr Malik who, although off duty, replied within 10 minutes - a shining example of the professionalism of the man and his team. Heartfelt thanks to all. The only suggestion for minor improvement I can make is that the written information is repetitive and in several different documents. One combined document would be easier to refer to.

12th January 2020
Response from Mr Ibrahim Malek

I am so delighted that everything is going as per plan and expectation. Many thanks for your feedback. I have forwarded it to our management and staff at Spire Yale. I am grateful for your recommendation as well. Best wishes. IAM

Mr Ibrahim Malek was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Ib Malek joined BCUHB at Wrexham Maelor Hospital in January 2018 as Consultant Trauma and orthopaedic surgeon specialising in Lower Limb arthroplasty (Hip and Knee Replacement). He completed his specialist orthopaedic training from Wales training programme. He successfully completed 18 months fellowship at Adelaide, South Australia from Central Adelaide Health Network and prestigious Calvary Wakefield Hospital. His main interests are improving outcome following primary hip and knee arthroplasty, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) and revision hip and knee Arthroplasty procedures.

Short link to review Mr Ibrahim Malek: http://iwgc.net/ef6x4