Mr Ian Comaish

Written by a patient at Tetbury Hospital
11th February 2020

He described the operation stage by stage and the associated risks and his success rate. In the pre-op room he asked what music I liked and promised me my chosen composer. In theatre he explained each phase of the process and its reasons in a calm reassuring manner. After quiet slightly uncomfortable evening I went early to bed and today without my eye shield have spent a fullish fairly normal day very conscious of my improved vision. Wearing sun glasses as protection against dust - it's quite windy - I have taken 2 walks in the country and registered my improved vision! I predict that I will adapt to life without permanent glasses fairly easily and may, one day, remember where I have left my reading glasses. Thank you very much.

Written by a patient at BMI Bath Clinic
6th April 2016

I would totally recommend Mr Comaish. I was impressed with his efficient and straightforward description of what was happening to me before . during , and after the operation apart from the skillful surgery itself. He gave me the utmost confidence in himself and the theatre staff who worked with him..Thank you.

• Ophthalmology