Mr Huw Jenkins

Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital
10th May 2019

I recently had a detached retina which needed surgery to save my eyesight. Mr Jenkins explained the procedure that he was going to carry out, on my eye, in a thoughtful and caring way. He was extremely patient and considerate of my nervousness; listening to and answering all my questions in a thoroughly professional and diligent manner. Although he was obviously very busy, I felt that my eyesight was just as important to him as it was to me. I feel extremely fortunate to have been under Mr Jenkins' care. Also, very grateful to have such a fantastic NHS facilty on my doorstep. Furthermore, all the staff that I had contact with before, during and after my surgery were truly some of the most caring people that I could wish to meet. You are all doing such amazing work and I thank you sincerely.

Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital
28th April 2019

Mr Jenkins was kind considerate and extremely thorough in all aspects of my care after I endured a sudden Retinal Detachment earlier this year.he explained everything thoroughly and spent time to answer any questions had despite having extremely busy clinics. I cannot thank him and his team enough also his secretary who is also extremely very efficient in the care they have provided for me and for restoring my sight . We are a very country to have the NHS and to have surgeons like Mr Jenkins working in it.

• Ophthalmology