Mr Hilal Bahia

Plastic Surgery Consultant specialising in cosmetic surgical and non surgical rejuvenation. Cosmetic procedures of the breast and tummy (female and male). Also specialises in scar improvement, skin surgery, burns and reconstructive surgery.

• Plastic surgery
  • Cosmetic Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 »

23rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

I had an abdominoplasty and I was very nervous about it as I had never had surgery or a general anaesthesia before. The surgeon was incredibly helpful and professional, always explaining everything step by step with a smile on his face, putting me at ease. Mr Bahia did a great job and I'm incredibly grateful to him and the staff at the Hospital. Thanks a million for making my surgery, stay and recover stress free.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Mr Bahia was very friendly, caring and explained the breast augmentation procedure thoroughly. Mr Bahia was able to answer all my questions no matter how stupid I thought they were, he was consistent throughout my care before and after my operation. I would recommend Mr Bahia to anybody considering surgery.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

It took many years for me to take the step of having breast reduction surgery due to embarrassment and fear. I wondered if it was too late at my advanced years of nearly 60 but Mr Bahia never made me feel that way. He gave me the information regarding the potential outcomes, both good and bad, and what he expected to be the outcome along with the likely size he could bring me down to. I have to say that I don't think many people in my position would enjoy having pictures taken of their boobs but even this was achieved without too much embarrassment on my part. The operation involved a one night stay in the hospital (my dignity being preserved and a certain amount of good humour from all staff) and recovery was a couple of weeks. I can't say there was a huge amount of pain, more discomfort, i am very happy with the result.

5th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

My boobs are amazing now. I had the exact implants that I chose put in by Dr Bahia. I met the nurses at the clinic to discuss my surgery first because I was to embarrassed to see a doctor in case I was told I was being ridiculous. I had been thinking about choosing Dr Bahia because I liked his profile and reviews. The nurses said that his results were good. He helped me choose the implants and size before the operation which I think is important so you are not disappointed after. I also got to do the sizing twice so I could bring my friend for her opinion and take photos on my phone to look at home. It is now 2 months since my surgery and my new boobs are brilliant. They are not too big and look amazing in clothes.

4th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

From the time that I first phoned Spire to ask about reducing the size of my bust, to when I met one of the plastic surgery specialty nurses to discuss it, I knew that this was a better quality hospital than the other place I had been to in Edinburgh. I was very embarrassed by my condition, but the nurses really made me feel at ease and never rushed me, taking time to listen to all my concerns. They didn't pressurise me into anything and I was able to think about things for a few weeks, before booking in for an appointment with Dr Bahia. He also listened to my concerns and answered all my questions and offered me a second consultation at no extra cost in case I remembered any other things that I had forgotten to ask. He was very professional and put me at ease and said that I could book in for surgery whenever I was ready by phoning his secretary. On the day of surgery, all the staff on the ward were great and the anaesthetic doctor made me laugh, which helped with my nerves. Dr Bahia saw me and did lots of measurements and drew on me before my operation. Afterwards I remember being sore and sleepy, but the nurses gave me plenty of pain-killers, which controlled the pain and helped me sleep on and off over night, but the room was a bit stuffy. My partner told me that Dr Bahia came to see me at about 9pm and told me how the operation had gone and how much tissue had been removed, although I don't really remember much of that conversation. Dr Bahia came to see me again at 7am the next morning and said that I could go home later if I felt ok, which I did. I was given some strong pain-killers to take home with me, a phone number to call 24/7 if I had any concerns and appointments to be seen back for a check up a week later. I remember that when I got out of bed I realised how much lighter my chest felt and how much easier it was to do certain things (although a little bit painful in the first few days!). Everything after that went well, although I needed to be seen a few times in the clinic by the nurses for dressings as there was a small area of the scar on my left breast that was a bit slow to heal. Dr Bahia came in to examine me a couple of times in the dressing clinic and was very reassuring that everything was going well. When I was finally discharged by Dr Bahia 8 weeks after my operation I remember feeling so pleased with the final result and I am still enjoying the novelty of not having the great weight around my neck. I can't believe I waited until my mid forties to have this surgery, I wish I had done it years ago, it has really changed my life.

« 1 2 3 4 »