Mr Hilal Bahia

Plastic Surgery Consultant specialising in cosmetic surgical and non surgical rejuvenation. Cosmetic procedures of the breast and tummy (female and male). Also specialises in scar improvement, skin surgery, burns and reconstructive surgery.

• Plastic surgery
  • Cosmetic Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Breast reduction surgery I was fed up of not being taken seriously because of my 34 H size. A problem in my business. Saw Mr Bahia in Spire. Explained all and booked in for op. Had my surgery. All healed by 3 weeks. Back to work at 4 weeks. Very pleased with result. Best of all no more unwanted attention in the office.

Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Split ear lobe. My ear lobe was torn after my heavy earring caught on something. It left a horrible split on one side for a few years. I had the surest done with injections to numb the lobe and the whole thing took about 20 minutes. I don't know why I took so long to get it fixed. I am pleased with the repair and have got my ear pierced again.

Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Ear pinning back. I have had sticking out ears since childhood. I never knew anything could be done until I was an adult. I saw Mr Hilal Bahia who examined me. I was petrified of having an anaesthetic in case I didn't wake up after, but he said it could be done awake with injections to make my ears numb. He did the operation and I was able to chat to the nurses and they played music in the operating room which made me much less nervous. I had to wear a bandage for a week after which was a bit embarrassing, but it was worth it in the end and I am very pleased with the results - thank you.

Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Breast reducing surgery. I have had a big bust (40 GG) all my life since I was a teenager and always found it to be a nuisance for wearing clothes. If I buy a top or a dress that is the right size for my bust, it is too big for the rest of me. My shoulders ached all the time, neck stiffness and Bach ache due to the weight. My bras were like hammocks and the straps dug into my shoulders bad. I had spoken to my friend who had her operation with Mr Bahia, and she had been pleased with the results and said his work and manner were good. But I was very scared about having any surgery and embarrassed by the idea of taking my clothes off in front of someone., so put off going to see about it for many years. I knew I wouldn't get NHS surgery because of my weight being a bit high (they are very strict about weight). The deciding moment was when I saw a photo of me in a summer dress on holiday. It made my bust look enormous. A lot of people made comments about the photo and I knew I needed to have something done. Mr Bahia was kind and considerate. I felt at ease because I felt that he had done the surgery many times before and told me all the things to expect about the whole process. The nurses were brilliant too. They could see I was nervous and embarrassed and really did a lot to calm me down. After the surgery I immediately felt a massive difference. I couldn't believe how I had lived with that weight around my neck for so many years. It has been completely life changing. I feel I will be able to do so many things that I had written off, such as exercise, swimming, new clothes and swim suit. It is fantastic. I want to say a big thank you to Mr Bahia and all his team for giving me a new lease on life.

30th April 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Edinburgh

Gynaecomastia. Since 15 years back, my chests have increased their size. I was feeling very embarrassed when I was swimming, especially with my children, feeling that many people were looking at me as though I had breasts like a woman. It was even showing through a tee shirt. I had been training at the gym, and reduced my weight, but nothing reduced the size of the tissue on my chests.I went for the plastic surgery with Mr Bahia at The Spire Hospital in Edinburgh. This was an operation under a general anaesthetic and one night in the ward. There was plenty of bruising and it was paining afterwards, but the medicine helped me a lot. I am very happy with the outcome and would definitely recommend this procedure to anyone who has a similar problem.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »