Mr Henry Budd

Mr Henry Budd FRCS(Orh) is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Hospital. He qualified from the University of Birmingham in 2004 with overall Honours and completed Higher Surgical Training on the Cambridge Orthopaedic Program completing the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 2013. Fellowships were completed at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit, the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and the Schoen Klinik Munich with travelling fellowships to Hospital for Special Surgery, New York and University of California San Francisco. He was a Consultant Spinal Surgeon from 2015-2018 at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit. Henry’s principle interest is the management of degenerative adult spine conditions.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

6th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

What can I say about Mr Henry Budd , he listened to me and has given me my life back . Before my operation I was in constant pain and by tea time I couldn't stand as I felt my legs were going to fall off , so I would have to go and lay down. The last week before my operation .I had-to take a chair into work and sit down for 10 mins then stand for 10 mins just to get through the day as I'm a Catering Manager for a school .Although Mr Budd could see so much on my scan / Ex-ray he couldn't see the full extent to my back problem until he opened me up . So he to me went with his gut feeling that something more was the underlying problem . I can not thank him enough from me my partner and my two sons for giving me my life back . Thank you

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was very impressed with all his care both during the operation and after. Especially as I have Leukemia.

8th December 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr budd is a fantastic surgeon,he gave me my life back,I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for him.this is the second surgery I've had done by him and he goes above and beyond any other dr would,he's kind,understanding so hard working I can't thank him enough,your safe in his hands,I would highly recommend him,if you are lucky enough to be under his care he will not let you down.im very sad to say he is leaving to go to Devon.

23rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Mr Budd has changed my life. Having not been able to walk properly or have any quality of life for a year and a half, I went to see Mr Budd and he listened to me and believed me. He knows his job extremely well and I felt like I was in excellent hands. I didn't feel like just another patient with Mr Budd, I felt like he genuinely loves his job and wants to help people and cares. He had lots of time for me, I never felt like my appointments were rushed and I never left the room until I was happy. He came round to see me a few times while i was in hospital before and after my operation and even after he had had a long day of operating all day, he still had time to come and see me and have a chat to make sure I was ok. I would highly recommend Mr Budd. Thankyou for giving me my life back :)

28th January 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I received fantastic care. Mr Budd was extremely skilled, competent and compassionate, going above and beyond what was required in my case, to ensure I felt reassured. Nothing was too much trouble ... I am a healthcare professional myself and couldn't think of anything else that I would have wished for in a surgeon. He was outstanding!

Short link to review Mr Henry Budd: http://iwgc.net/ehbcv