Mr Henry Budd

Mr Henry Budd FRCS(Orh) is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Hospital. He qualified from the University of Birmingham in 2004 with overall Honours and completed Higher Surgical Training on the Cambridge Orthopaedic Program completing the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 2013. Fellowships were completed at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit, the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and the Schoen Klinik Munich with travelling fellowships to Hospital for Special Surgery, New York and University of California San Francisco. He was a Consultant Spinal Surgeon from 2015-2018 at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit. Henry’s principle interest is the management of degenerative adult spine conditions.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

18th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

I had been suffering with severe sciatic nerve pain for four years. Mr Budd performed spinal fusion surgery three months ago, and the pain has disappeared. I am so very grateful to him for his care and for his expertise. It was not a straightforward operation apparently, so even more thanks go to him. I would highly recommend him to any future patients ...... trust him, he is brilliant !

17th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

Mr Budd operated on me 2 August at rd & e Exeter. I was so well looked after. He came to check on me personally the next day. My spinal surgery was a total success. I would highly recommend this gifted surgeon to everyone. Many thanks!

17th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

He explained very clearly the procedure he was going to carry out;also any risks involved and the expected outcome. I felt able to ask questions, in fact he encouraged me to do so. He is very approachable and has an open friendly manner.

6th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

What can I say about Mr Henry Budd , he listened to me and has given me my life back . Before my operation I was in constant pain and by tea time I couldn't stand as I felt my legs were going to fall off , so I would have to go and lay down. The last week before my operation .I had-to take a chair into work and sit down for 10 mins then stand for 10 mins just to get through the day as I'm a Catering Manager for a school .Although Mr Budd could see so much on my scan / Ex-ray he couldn't see the full extent to my back problem until he opened me up . So he to me went with his gut feeling that something more was the underlying problem . I can not thank him enough from me my partner and my two sons for giving me my life back . Thank you

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I was very impressed with all his care both during the operation and after. Especially as I have Leukemia.

Short link to review Mr Henry Budd: http://iwgc.net/ehbcv