Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital
12th October 2020

I was seen a few weeks ago by this consultant and I would not recommend him as I went to see him about a concern that I had and he didn’t examine me properly and then asked the radiologist for his opinion. My mammogram was done by a newly qualified student and they took a biopsy which they said was benign but chose to leave me hanging on until the very last moment on the day to tell me the results. Needless to say that they left me very sore and bruised after the biopsy and sent me home with a leaflet on breast self-awareness!! My insurance company were highly unimpressed and I have made an official complaint to them in writing. The nurse at the hospital was horrible too and all she could do was gawp at me the entire way through my appointment and never respected my privacy!!! Look elsewhere if you are seeking a consultant with any expertise!!!

Written by a patient at Southend Hospital
26th February 2020

Mr Thomas was exceptionally attentive & professional. He was willing & able to answer all my questions. He did all this in a friendly and caring manner, which was very reassuring. He explained my diagnosis clearly, the course of action and was the natural choice for me to carry out the operation. He carried out my operation on 4th Feb. & I saw him again 10 days later to check my progress, all good. Thank you so much. The rest of the team at Southend Breast Unit were also very good. Thanks to all of them too.

Written by a patient at Southend Hospital
14th February 2020

From breast cancer diagnosis to surgery (obviously not the diagnosis I wanted to hear) Mr Thomas has been amazing! Answering all questions - even though I was concerned some were probably “silly” questions. Explaining in detail the cancer and surgery steps. I genuinely felt Mr Thomas was a safe pair of hands. I cannot praise Mr Thomas and his team highly enough. The care I received was outstanding.

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon Southend University Hospital. www.essexbreastsurgeon.com

Short link to review Mr Harun Thomas: http://iwgc.net/egyjd