mr-hadi-zambarakji

Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital
13th October 2020

Mr Zambarakji has been outstanding in the level of care that he has provided to me and has gone way beyond what might normally be expected. As the pandemic developed, Mr Zambarakji managed to find me a slot at very short notice and then ensured that I was able to attend follow-up appointments during the lockdown. I genuinely feel that it is because of Mr Zambarakji that my eye recovered as successfully as it did. He has subsequently been of great assistance in helping me source my eye drop medication and has continued to help me with ad hoc questions over the last few months, although I am no longer under his care. I can not praise him enough and I am extremely grateful for all that he has done for me. Brian Gracey

14th October 2020
Response from Mr Hadi Zambarakji

Dear Mr. G. I am delighted that things have improved after your last treatment and I hope you continue doing well. It is a pleasure looking after you.

Written by a carer at Whipps Cross University Hospital
10th August 2020

Mr Zambarakji Performed very complicated surgery on my Diabetic/Parkinson's/heart failure husband. He did his best on his right eye to close a Macular hole and cataracts. Unfortunately due to severity of this hole, and his diabetes damage ,that part of the surgery wasn't successful, although the cataract surgery was. He then performed in one op , a very complicated procedure on his left eye,involving three procedures in all. . This has enabled him to regain reasonable sight in that eye. Without this surgery I dreadto think what would have happened. Thankyou so much , Mr Zambara, his team ,and the NHS

11th August 2020
Response from Mr Hadi Zambarakji

Thank you very much for the helpful feedback, It always nice to know that you felt well looked after. Kind regards Hadi Zambarakji

Written by a patient at The Holly Private Hospital
9th June 2020

I have complete confidence in Mr.Zambarakji. Over the years he has replaced two lenses and I'm now seeing him regularly for injections. He and his team never fail to treat me with consideration and kindness and it's a pleasure to be in their care. My husband who has had two cataract operations done by Mr. Zambarakji's and he endorses this. His advice and reassurance is available at any time. I would recommend anybody worried about their sight to seek his help.

Written by a patient at Whipps Cross University Hospital
4th June 2020

Mr Zambarakji kept me informed regarding the condition of my eye and the procedure he will be following to rectify the condition. I was apprehensive about the procedure just few days before the scheduled surgery, so called the hospital requesting for a call from Mr Zambarakji to discuss the procedure. He called me and talked me through the procedure again and reassured me about it. Post surgery if I have to see some other consultant, Mr Zambarakji would ensure to come around to have a quick check on me. I trust Mr Zambarakji very much and recommend him highly.

Mr Hadi Zambarakji was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I was appointed as Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Barts Health, Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust in 2005. I was a fellow in Vitreoretinal surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, and in Medical Retina at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston. I have a strong interest in education and training, having previously been College Tutor and Regional advisor for the Royal College. My next remit was Governance Lead at Barts Health where my focus was concentrated on patient safety. My clinical interests include Vitreoretinal and small incision cataract surgery, as well as medical retina. This includes diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous (retinal detachment surgery), diabetic eye disease, retinal vascular disease and macular degeneration. My research interests include imaging in retinal disorders, vitreomacular diseases, high myopia and its associated complications including macular retinoschisis and macular hole with secondary retinal detachment, investigational treatments for diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration, and cost economics in vitreoretinal surgery. You can be assured that I will provide excellent patient care, and a high standard of treatment and advice. I am committed to ensuring that my patients are totally satisfied with the level of service I provide.

Nearest Ophthalmologists