Mr Grant Stewart

I am a clinical academic working at University of Cambridge. Half of my working week is spent treating patients with kidney cancer and general urology problems at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. The remainder of my work is focussed on research into better treatments for kidney cancer at the University of Cambridge.

• Urology

10th October 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Grant Stewart recently treated me for a tumour in the right kidney which was possibly malignant. Treatment involved removal of the kidney which (had the tumour been malignant) would have effected a cure. Communication was excellent at all times with good information and a lightness of touch which kept stress to a minimum. I have received brilliant treatment, recovered quickly and suffered virtually no pain since the surgery. I feel I have been extremely fortunate to have received such expert care and to have been treated at all times as a fellow human being rather than just a patient.

25th July 2016
Written by a carer at Western General Hospital

Mr Grant Stewart is one of the most professional and highly effective doctors I have ever met. His care to my husband( 2 major operations in 2014) was first class. As well as being an experienced and skilful surgeon, he has excellent interpersonal skills and communicates well to both his patients and their families. I have utmost trust and respect for Mr Stewart ( as does my husband!) His great care made a very difficult time in our lives bearable, especially as he communicated with us promptly and kept us fully informed. I am extremely grateful to him for caring for my husband who has now been cancer free for nearly 2 years- long may that continue.

25th July 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Mr Stewart is an excellent, experienced surgeon who has the most caring and compassionate manner. His interpersonal skills are highly effective and he is professional, calm and extremely approachable. In May 2014 Mr Stewart removed my left kidney (laparoscopic nephrectomy) due to a large cancerous tumour. Then in September 2014 he performed a partial nephrectomy of my right kidney to remove a small cancerous tumour. His care was fantastic before during and after both operations. He kept my wife and I fully informed at all times and we very much appreciated his support and prompt communication. I am so grateful to Mr Stewart and cannot thank him enough for his care.

Nearest Urologists