Mr Gokularaj Ratnarajan

Mr Gokulan Ratnarajan, BSc MBBS FRCOphth, is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the world renowned Eye Unit in Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. Through Innovation and Excellence Mr Ratnarajan’s has improved the quality of care and treatment options available to cataract and glaucoma patients. Mr Ratnarajan’s research has won numerous national and international awards and receives referrals nationally for complex cataract and glaucoma management. Read more about Mr Ratnarajan’s profile and innovative approach to patient care at www.gokratnarajan.com

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre
24th October 2019

When someone offers to operate on your eyes you can only allow if you are confident on their abilities. From the first time i had a consultation with Gok Ratnarajan i got that confidence and felt happy to entrust him with my eyes. Having had laser surgery and two cataract operations in recent weeks i still feel the same way. The investigation through to operation were carried out in such a calm and professional manner to minimise any fear. The same goes for the team that work with him - great fun and very professional. 100% endorsement.

Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre
23rd October 2019

I had cataracts in both eyes and had multi focal lenses put in. Mr Ratnarajan gave a full and clear explanation of the process and what results I could expect. Despite being very nervous about the procedure I was put at ease both before and throughout the operation and the results were such that I was actually looking forward to having the second op. All the staff at the McIndoe Centre were great, helpful and polite. Follow up appointments were very well run, totally professional throughout. Based on my experience I would say that there is nothing be worried about if you're in the hands of Mr Ratnarajan and his team.

8th September 2019

I have to say that I was apprehensive about having stents put in for my glaucoma and a cataract removed, but on meeting Mr Ratnarajan I was completely put at ease. Even so I had the thought at the back of my mind as to whether the operation would leave me still able to see. I was ushered into the operating theatre by a very pleasant nurse. I remember talking about gardening and her house improvements. These might seem insignificant but really did relax me. Then Mr Ratnarajan entered the scene and in a very calm voice explained exactly what he was going to do, and proceeded to carry out the operation. All went exceptionally well and 45 minutes later it was all over - no pain. Job well done. Looking forward to having the right eye done as soon as possible. To anyone who is worried about the operation then please don't. The QVH in East Grinstead is most caring and you will receive the most exceptional treatment. I would recommend anyone who has cataract /glaucoma problems to go there especially under the care of Mr Gol Ratnarajan

30th August 2019

I recently had my first cataract op and admit to being rather nervous, but please don’t be. Under the care of Mr Ratnarajan and his team I was informed every step of the way what to expect and in theatre He explained all the way through the 45 minute procedure each step he was taking. The whole team effort was excellent with a follow up appointment just a week later. If Mr Ratnarajan is your Consultant you are extremely lucky. There was nothing painful during the operation. Can’t wait to have my other eye done.

29th August 2019

What an excellent doctor working with a brilliant team who are all patient focused I had a corneo plastic procedure The resoults were amazing and by day 2 my vision was as good as i had 30 years ago. on the day of the procedure i did have to wait around longer than id have hoped But someones got to be last. Its the results that count and i could not have happier Thanks to the whole team.

« 1 2 3 4 »