Mr Gokularaj Ratnarajan

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital
12th February 2020

My combined cataract and glaucoma surgery on the 4th February was a huge success with great care by Mr Ratnarajan and the whole team at Queen Victoria Hospital at East Grinstead and the McIndoe Centre, all under the NHS. My care leading up to surgery over a number of months was excellent and I now await surgery on my other eye.

31st December 2019

I feel very blessed to have found Mr Ratnarajan and The Mcindoe Centre. We live nearly 2 hours away from East Grinstead but it is well worth the journey to see this amazing Eye Specialist. I was extremely anxious about having cataract surgery after a history of eye problems in my family. I was ill at the beginning of the year and had to postpone surgery for several months. During this time I visited Mr Ratnarajan on several occasions and he was always kind, patient and reassuring. Sally his P.A. kept in contact with me and was always kind and understanding. I had my first cataract operation in Oct. as was back to full health by then. Everyone at The Mcindoe Centre was attentive, kind and respectful. Tracey ( one of the receptionists) assured me there was nothing to worry about as she had just had the same operation. Speaking to Mr Ratnarajan is so reassuring that you know you are in the best hands. Nicola his nurse is also kind and efficient. I can honestly say that I felt no pain whatsoever during surgery and the sight in my left eye after the operation is amazing. Three weeks later I had my second operation. I now only need glasses for reading and I am absolutely thrilled to be driving again. My friends and family have commented on how much healthier my eyes look. If you are thinking about having cataract surgery under Mr Ratnarajan please don’t hesitate. You will be amazed and delighted with the result and the whole procedure is pain free.

18th December 2019

I was advised to see Mr Ratnarajan by my local NHS specialist optometrist as I have on going high pressure in my eyes and required SLT treatment. Mr Ratnarajan was very calm and reassuring explaining in detail the treatment procedure, prognosis and long term ways forward if needed. I underwent the procedure a week later and again received the same care and attention. I was delighted to learn six weeks later that my pressure had reduced significantly. I would not hesitate to see Mr Ratnarajan again for any necessary procedure I may need. Thank you so much Mr Ratnarajan and thank you also Nicky his assistant nurse.

24th October 2019

When someone offers to operate on your eyes you can only allow if you are confident on their abilities. From the first time i had a consultation with Gok Ratnarajan i got that confidence and felt happy to entrust him with my eyes. Having had laser surgery and two cataract operations in recent weeks i still feel the same way. The investigation through to operation were carried out in such a calm and professional manner to minimise any fear. The same goes for the team that work with him - great fun and very professional. 100% endorsement.

23rd October 2019

I had cataracts in both eyes and had multi focal lenses put in. Mr Ratnarajan gave a full and clear explanation of the process and what results I could expect. Despite being very nervous about the procedure I was put at ease both before and throughout the operation and the results were such that I was actually looking forward to having the second op. All the staff at the McIndoe Centre were great, helpful and polite. Follow up appointments were very well run, totally professional throughout. Based on my experience I would say that there is nothing be worried about if you're in the hands of Mr Ratnarajan and his team.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Gokularaj Ratnarajan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Gokulan Ratnarajan, BSc MBBS FRCOphth, is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the world renowned Eye Unit in Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. Through Innovation and Excellence Mr Ratnarajan’s has improved the quality of care and treatment options available to cataract and glaucoma patients. Mr Ratnarajan’s research has won numerous national and international awards and receives referrals nationally for complex cataract and glaucoma management. Read more about Mr Ratnarajan’s profile and innovative approach to patient care at www.gokratnarajan.com

Nearest Ophthalmologists