Mr Gokularaj Ratnarajan

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital
12th March 2020

I have had an age related Cataract in my right eye for several years.Unfortunately a few years ago I also had an accident to this eye. I had a consultation with Mr Ratnarajan in 2019 and was diagnosed with a Dislocated Traumatic Cataract and was advised by him that an operation was necessary the procedure being Right Phaco + IOL + Capsular Tension Segment. I was further advised that due to the length of time the operation required ( approx 90 minutes) that I would be under General Anaesthetic. I was fully advised of the risks involved and due to Mr Ratnarajan's confident and professional manner was pleased to proceed with the operation. This took place on the 14th of Feb this year and today I had a follow up consultation during which I was advised that the operation was a complete success . I now have 20/20 vision and no longer require spectacles for driving . My only regret is the length of time from the initial consultation to the time of the operation which was almost one year . By the time I was operated on I was virtually blind in my right eye and the left eye was starting to feel the strain . However I am sure there are many others a lot worse off than I was and am very grateful that once again the NHS Consultants and Staff came to my rescue , Thank you all.

3rd March 2020

Eye Surgery I recently elected to have private surgery for my failing eye sight at the McIndoe Centre, East Grinstead The operation was carried out by Dr. Gok Ratnarajan and involved the removal of cataracts on both eyes and implanting two eye stents for treatment of glaucoma The results have exceeded expectations and I can once again see colours, read without glasses and generally feel more confident tackling any tasks involving eye functions. The surgeon Mr. Gok Ratnarajan was very professional and highly skilled explaining everything to my complete satisfaction. After the operation I have had two follow up appointments and the entire experience has been beyond reproach N.J.Khambatta

Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital
12th February 2020

My combined cataract and glaucoma surgery on the 4th February was a huge success with great care by Mr Ratnarajan and the whole team at Queen Victoria Hospital at East Grinstead and the McIndoe Centre, all under the NHS. My care leading up to surgery over a number of months was excellent and I now await surgery on my other eye.

31st December 2019

I feel very blessed to have found Mr Ratnarajan and The Mcindoe Centre. We live nearly 2 hours away from East Grinstead but it is well worth the journey to see this amazing Eye Specialist. I was extremely anxious about having cataract surgery after a history of eye problems in my family. I was ill at the beginning of the year and had to postpone surgery for several months. During this time I visited Mr Ratnarajan on several occasions and he was always kind, patient and reassuring. Sally his P.A. kept in contact with me and was always kind and understanding. I had my first cataract operation in Oct. as was back to full health by then. Everyone at The Mcindoe Centre was attentive, kind and respectful. Tracey ( one of the receptionists) assured me there was nothing to worry about as she had just had the same operation. Speaking to Mr Ratnarajan is so reassuring that you know you are in the best hands. Nicola his nurse is also kind and efficient. I can honestly say that I felt no pain whatsoever during surgery and the sight in my left eye after the operation is amazing. Three weeks later I had my second operation. I now only need glasses for reading and I am absolutely thrilled to be driving again. My friends and family have commented on how much healthier my eyes look. If you are thinking about having cataract surgery under Mr Ratnarajan please don’t hesitate. You will be amazed and delighted with the result and the whole procedure is pain free.

18th December 2019

I was advised to see Mr Ratnarajan by my local NHS specialist optometrist as I have on going high pressure in my eyes and required SLT treatment. Mr Ratnarajan was very calm and reassuring explaining in detail the treatment procedure, prognosis and long term ways forward if needed. I underwent the procedure a week later and again received the same care and attention. I was delighted to learn six weeks later that my pressure had reduced significantly. I would not hesitate to see Mr Ratnarajan again for any necessary procedure I may need. Thank you so much Mr Ratnarajan and thank you also Nicky his assistant nurse.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Gokularaj Ratnarajan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Gokulan Ratnarajan, BSc MBBS FRCOphth, is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the world renowned Eye Unit in Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead. Through Innovation and Excellence Mr Ratnarajan’s has improved the quality of care and treatment options available to cataract and glaucoma patients. Mr Ratnarajan’s research has won numerous national and international awards and receives referrals nationally for complex cataract and glaucoma management. Read more about Mr Ratnarajan’s profile and innovative approach to patient care at www.gokratnarajan.com

Nearest Ophthalmologists