Mr Giles Cunnick

10th March 2018
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I saw this consultant for breast cancer. Quiet, pleasant, knowledgeable, bit silly. Surgical skills excellent, tidy incisions. Surgery not painful but would like to have been told I would lose my nipple. On balance, survival was more important. Think there is a domineering arrogant side as he eyeballed some staff with disdain. Had two consultations, at the first he had light brown hair and the second, dark brown hair. I found this confusing and had to double check it was the same surgeon. On both occasions, I needed an examination and began undressing behind a curtain nurse was present. On both occasions, he entered shortly after I began undressing and told me to continue. I'm not a prude or prissy and am not slow to undress but this was unacceptable. I've been examined by doctors before but this has never happened, was it at lack courtesy? arrogance? aversion to curtains? I was willing to ignore the first instance but twice? He gave me the creeps and still does. A friend was also examined by him, she said there was nobody else present. He did try to find someone and she did give her consent - but she did not think it proper. Just glad I don't have to go back.

9th December 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Though I fully recognise the high level of regard he is held in and his high level of skill, I do not find his approach at all the style that shows the compassion I would like in a consultant. My biggest concern is the lack of empathy shown and the total lack of eye contact with me, the patient. I actually felt like a 'naughty school girl' and that he was exasperated with me. I spoke to another patient who also felt he lacked empathy and described him as 'clinical' in his approach. This may suit others who need this direct approach, it did not suit me at all.

7th July 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Mr Cunnick is very nice, very approachable and brilliant at his job. He specialises also in Breast Cancer. He operated on my breasts and saved my life. ....and because he saved my skin with implants he made me me feel great at a very difficult time. Nothing I can say can thank him enough.

14th March 2017
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I felt very privileged do you have Mr Cunnick as my surgeon He's been absolutely fantastic with his advice delivery and care I was overwhelmed

Short link to review Mr Giles Cunnick: http://iwgc.net/eemt6