Mr Giles Cunnick

8th October 2019

After a routine mammogram, 3 small tumors were detected which led to a mastectomy of the right breast. Mr Cunnick was my surgeon & consultant, who had a direct & straight talking approach which was brilliant! Very matter of fact but also listened & answered any concerns which were very reassuring. I cannot express enough thanks to Mr Cunnick & his team at Wycombe Hospital enough for their care & support through the whole process. Special thanks to the wonderful MacMillan nurses, especially Carol & Zoe.... yes guys I made my trip to Spain! If anyone is unfortunate to be diagnosed, then please be re-assured you are in safe & caring hands.

21st January 2019

Mr Cunnick preformed my mastectomy 2 years ago...he was just the right sort of surgeon I needed, he was direct and had a certain arrogance which gave me confidence. He made no apologies for doing the mastectomy, because if that’s what it takes for me to beat this horrible disease, then that’s what he will do. I remember him saying we’re looking at curing you, not just treating you. I fed off that confidence at a very stressful time, and I always walked out feeling more positive about my future. I’ve not seen him since as others have done my follow up, but I will always be grateful to him.

10th December 2018

I have been Mr. Cunnick's patient for several months, from a very complicated bi-lateral breast cancer diagnosis, to post chemotherapy and post surgery care. I find him to be a kind and thoughtful person who answers all questions in a considered and straight forward manner. My surgery incisions and scars are very neat with no bulging "dog ear" skin flaps. 2 weeks post surgery the incisions are healing well with minimal discomfort and with full range of movement in my shoulders and arms. I am most grateful to Mr. Cunnick, Nurse Christina and all of his specialist Breast Care Team for their incredible attention to detail, their persistence in investigating every annomaly and most of all for their unfailing humanity. I feel privileged to have had Mr. Cunnick as my Consultant and surgeon. He and his Team are world class professionals and we are privileged to have them here in Buckinghamshire.

Written by a patient at BMI The Shelburne Hospital
4th October 2018

I had breast cancer 3 years ago. Mr Cunnick was and still is amazing. He is very straight forward which I found reassuring. I trust him completely. It’s so confusing and difficult when you are diagnosed. I found it comforting to have someone straight, honest and direct advising and caring for you. I wish the rest of my care team were as honest and direct.

24th June 2018

I seen this Consultant Surgeon for breast cancer . He was very kind and very knowledgeable which made it easier to make my choice , I would happily recommend him he is amazing and I’m glad he was my surgeon. He listened to everything I said and answered all my questions , I’m really pleased with the outcome from surgery I can hardly notice the scars, I couldn’t have asked for better care.

Short link to review Mr Giles Cunnick: http://iwgc.net/eemt6