Mr Ghias Bhattee

Mr Ghias Bhattee is an Orthopaedic Surgeon practicing in Harrow, North West London. He qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine before carrying out basic surgical training at leading centres in and around London. He was appointed to the North West Thames programme for higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics and carried out attachments that included posts at St Mary’s Hospital, the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. He was awarded an industry sponsored Fellowship in Knee Surgery at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital before being selected for the complex Hip and Knee surgery Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore. He also completed advanced Trauma Fellowships in Germany and at St Mary’s Hospital, London. Mr Bhattee worked at the Consultant level at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London prior to his appointment at Northwick Park and Central Middlesex Hospitals in 2013, where he has established an interest in all aspects of Hip and Knee surgery. During his training, Mr Bhattee compiled a vast quantity and variety of operative experience in complex and routine surgical procedures, and undertakes most surgical procedures of the knee and hip. Throughout his career, Mr Bhattee has had a keen interest in teaching and research, and has authored numerous scientific literature publications along with a book chapter on orthopaedic trauma. He is currently a dedicated clinical supervisor, and teaches higher surgical trainees of the North Thames rotations.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

Having a few issues from my initial ACL reconstruction (not performed by Mr.Bhattee), I wanted to have a second opinion on the various complications I had. Mr. Bhattee provided consultancy and suggested a knee arthroscopy to check for any issues and clear out the knee. The surgery went well and Mr.Bhattee used my existing scars which was great, as this avoids multiple scar sites. Post surgery, I returned to playing football, however, I had re-ruptured my ACL and needed to under-go ACL Revision surgery. Mr. Bhattee suggested a knee osteotomy and a new donor ACL graft for the ACL revision. This surgery was meant to completed in a single surgery, however, it was performed in 2 stages. I wish I knew this could be a possibility ahead of the surgery, but I trusted Mr. Bhattee's decision. The osteotomy went well and rehab has been continuous, as I needed to prep myself for the ACL revision. One of my biggest concerns was using a donor graft and my body rejecting it, Mr.Bhattee put my mind at ease, but still stated that there could be possibility of rejection. I am now 5 weeks post surgery and things are going well. Mr. Bhattee has suggested follow-up consultations and has provided me with his PA's email address should I have any questions or concerns. Mr. Bhattee calls and responds efficiently. Mr. Bhattee earns my high recommendation.

Short link to review Mr Ghias Bhattee: http://iwgc.net/efj43