Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I struggled with severe nose bleeds from 8 Jan to 5 March, frequent and heavy. Several trips to A&E with input from ENT and some cautery did not cure me. I saw Mr Kelly on 22 Feb and found him extremely thorough and painstaking in his consultations and 2 bouts of cautery - the second of which on 5 March highlighted a 'hidden' blood vessel in an apparently unusual position but which he found and cauterised, finally curing the problem. Apart from his clinical expertise he was also very warm and amenable in dealing with me as his patient.

15th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Gerard epitomises what a great doctor should be. His demeanour is calming, he is clearly knowledgeable, demonstrates confidence in a non threatening way and has great interpersonal skills. His approach to patient care, in my experience, is excellent. I have complete trust and confidence in his ability and look forward to my appointments!

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

I have suffered from Keratosis Obturanes for 30 years and other Doctors had advised my only option was surgery. I was referred to Mr Kelly and he has successfully managed the condition without surgery since he started at the LGI. Last September I had an infection and due to my being on holiday was unable to see Mr Kelly before the condition had deteriorated into an abcess resulting in my admission to hospital at the beginning of November. After a stay of four days and being bombarded with antibiotics I was discharged and saw Mr Kelly as an outpatient first fortnightly and now monthly as the condition improved. I cannot speak too highly of his care and diligence. He always puts me at ease and listens to my concerns, giving me options for treatment. I will continue to see him regularly. He is approachable and pleasant to speak to.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

After suffering with ear problems, lack of hearing and tinnitus for 18 months and seeing numerous Doctors I was finally referred to the Fantastic Mr Kelly 'The Ear Man'!!!! Mr Kelly acknowledged my problems, advised on the possible surgeries and carried out the actual ear surgery himself. His care and attention pre and post op has been amazing, I've never experienced care like it with previous operations I have had. Keep up the good work Mr kelly

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

Mr Kelly is a fantastic surgeon and consultant. He provided great care before, during and after my surgery. My operation was alot more complicated than first thought, but he took it upon himself to continue the procedure until he was satisfied that he had fulfilled his duties. I still see Mr Kelly now where he continues to provide fantastic support and continues to take extreme care with my condition.

Nearest Otolaryngologists