mr-gerard-kelly

18th December 2020

Dr Kelly is an extremely pleasant professional who welcomed me in a friendly and jovial way. I was very anxious and worried at my appointment that I may have throat cancer, as I am already a cancer survivor and now carry the BRCA2 gene alteration. Dr Kelly found a perfect balance between empathy and also positivity. Having looked at my throat with the camera up my nose he was quick to give a positive diagnosis and let me know the good news, which was a massive relief. His friendly but professional manner was really appreciated and I rate him with the maximum stars I can give.

17th December 2020

Very good. Listened and gave a very clear diagnoses of my symptoms. Very understanding.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
8th November 2020

Mr Kelly took detailed notes of my ailments to get a full picture and gave me very effective treatment. He was thorough and kind and keen to have feedback.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
6th November 2020

I saw Mr Kelly for the first time today. He quickly put me at ease, assessed my problem and was able to offer an immediated solution by undergoing a short procedure. This was expertly handled and at all times he worked hard to explain what was happening and reassure me as things progressed. At the end of the procedure he explained again what he had done, gave me opportunity to ask questions and advised me about follow up if required. I was extremely pleased with both the quality and outcome of this service and would recommend Mr Kelly without reservation.

6th November 2020

Thank you Mr Kelly for listening and helping with my constant problems over the years. I have much confidence in you. Thank you again Mr Rogers

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists