Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
28th February 2019

I am 72 years of age and became totally deaf in my left ear a previous doctor said there was nothing they could do as the nerves had gone, but after having my ears suctioned by a nurse she advised me to have a referral with Mr Kelly. The result was that he performed a stapedectomy operation and now I have about 80% of my earing back which takes me into a different world at my age. I couldn't thank him enough and pleased to write this review of a wonderful, caring man.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
16th February 2019

I had to write a review as I went to see this doctor privately because of all the great reviews, but my experience was anything but great. I found the whole experience extremely stressful because Dr Kelly blamed everything on the psychological. A complete waste of time and a huge disappointment when I have real problems. A very horrible experience.

21st May 2019
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for your review, any review is appreciated. I try and be honest and sometimes psychological problems present to me rather the physical ones and I listen and try to be trusted and recommended but no one can by trusted and recommended by everyone. I might still have got your diagnosis correct however! GK

« 1 2 3 4 5 »