Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
3rd April 2019

Mr Kelly provided excellent care, both pre and post operatively. And my operation was totally successful. He was kind, interested and informative as well as extremely skilled.

2nd April 2019

I cannot fault Mr Gerard Kelly. He has an enthusiasm and interest in his subject matter and I felt completely safe and reassured. He is a very pleasant, well mannered and cheerful man which certainly puts you at ease. Can't fault him!

26th March 2019

Mr Kelly is a great combination of vast experience and a maintained keen interest in new and developing procedures which ultimately meant once the procedure he initially spoke about trials of was licenced/approved he was able to perform it successfully whilst being very open around the risks. I had a Eustacian tube balloon dilation following 2/3 years of suffering with ETD. The procedure has improved 70-80% of the fullness feeling I have suffered and improved my quality of hearing in places with bad acoustics such that I hardly notice the 20%. In my plight to be totally cured Mr Kelly has also recommended a nasal spray which improves my condition a little bit more and can be taken long term. I had to pay personally as was it was not approved by my private medical but am happy I did. Thank you

19th March 2019

I saw Mr.Kelly at the Nuffield in Leeds. His manner and professionalism was excellent and I have no hesitation at all in recommending his services to family and friends. I came out of my consultation with him feeling very reassured and relieved.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
13th March 2019

I was referred to Mr. Kelly due to having a large sebaceous cyst on my neck, in July 2018 he removed this after a consultation with him at the Spire Hospital Roundhay. I have a 1.5inch scar on my neck that you cannot now see and hopefully no reoccurrence. during my consultation with him, I was suffering for hayfever type symptoms, with a post nasal drip which he commented on, I told him I was suffering from these symptoms following a chest infection. After a lot of trips for my GP, a burst eardrum and having difficulty to breath, my GP referred me to ENT which I asked to see Mr. Kelly again as I had great trust in him. Within 3 weeks I was operated on having a Bilateral Endescopy sinus surgery with Septoplasty. The treatment I received from Mr. Kelly and his team at the Spire Hospital was second to non and I can now breathe freely through my nose and I can hear!!!! I would have no hesitation in recommending or using Mr. Kelly in the future, he is a true professional and his staff at the Spire Hospital speak highly of him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »