mr-gerard-kelly

26th October 2021

I have had problems for many years with sinus/rhinosinusitis with GP and NHS hospital appointments and treatments not actually giving me a definitive diagnosis or offering any improvements or relief. I then made a private appointment with Mr Kelly who after actively listening to my history, and a brief examination, diagnosed Chronic allergic rhinosinusitis, he offered me two or three possible treatments, with specific medication being the first method, with an honest assessment that if this wasn't successful it would probably require surgery. I agreed to take these for two months with a view to potential improvements of between 10 & 50%. We also agreed to update via email negating the need to meet in person unless the treatment didn't help. I can honestly say the treatment has made a huge improvement leaving me headache free for the first time in months, doing away with the need for daily inhaler doses and generally reducing my nasal drip almost completely. Mr Kelly has been very diligent in listening to my issues, tailoring my treatment to my life needs and being honest on levels of potential success and alternatives available. I won't hesitate to recommend him.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
16th October 2021

I saw Mr Kelly to have nasal polyps removed. They were so bad that I could hardly breathe through either nostril at all and I hadn't had a sense of smell at all for as long as I could remember. Mr Kelly was very polite, friendly, skillful and professional and said that mine was one of the worst cases of polyps he had seen. He removed 11 polyps and prescribed steroid drops to help bring the inflammation in my nose down. I had two follow up appointments with him and I am delighted to say that I have had no further issues. I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that my sense of smell had gone for good, but to my delight it did come back and it's really keen. It's great to be able to smell things cooking again and taste them properly. I would highly recommend Mr Kelly and wouldn't hesitate to see him again with any further ENT issues.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
16th October 2021

I saw Mr Kelly for a distortion with my sense of smell some months after recovering from Covid-19. Mr Kelly is very approachable and professional, and put me at ease immediately as I was extremely stressed. He listened carefully to me and answered all my questions clearly. He diagnosed post viral cacosmia and ruled out anything else with a precautionary MRI scan. I would definitely recommend Mr Kelly to anyone suffering from ENT problems and would not hesitate to see him again if I had any further issues.

14th October 2021

I would highly recommend dr Kelly, he listened to me and answered all my questions (oh there was alot) :) he made me feel very comfortable So felt like I could ask anything, he examined my nose and explained everything clearly. Very happy I found an ENT specialist that could help me know what was going on inside my nose after repeated trips to AnE Thank you dr G Kelly

14th October 2021

Having been around the houses and back with my GP, A&E, neurologists, eye doctors, CT & MRI scans through Leeds Infirmary no one could provide an explanation for my gradual onset of headaches , extreme tinnitus and generally feeling unwell. I got referred privately to Mr Kelly as I was at my wits end with everything and having read the many positive reviews of Mr Kelly I thought it an appointment with him might be beneficial. Mr kelly also works at Leeds General Infirmary and even took the time to view my NHS records and scans when he was on shift there one Saturday morning, and even rung me that morning to go through everything with me. A consultant doing this in his own time was amazing , it shows an high level of care, and empathy. Moving forward , Mr Kelly has operated on my ear at The Spire in Leeds. I have had a Mastoidectomy and a Grommet inserted. The reasons for my tinnitus and headaches was a cholesterol granuloma which came to light during the surgery. The care from start to finish from Mr Kelly was exceptional. Mr Kelly is very approachable and explains everything clearly and concisely. I would highly recommend this consultant, the hundreds of positive reviews on the site and others speaks volumes.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists