mr-gerard-kelly

Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital
7th October 2020

My daughter received great care from doctor Kelly. In the hard time of epidemy doctor respond very quick to all my emails. When in hospital I felt less nervous because dr. Kelly treat us very nice and with good humor which made me think that everything will be fine. And it was fine. Very proffesional and honest person who explained well all the benefits and possible risks of operation. My daughter was in a good hands. Hopefully not but if I will need again ENT specialist it will be Dr. Kelly.

30th September 2020

Mr Kelly is an amazing specialist in his field and what makes him even more special is that he listens to your concerns, he empathises with his patients and gives them his time, his attention and care. He is kindness itself and truly cares about each and every patient he has whether it be with NHS or the private sector. His attention to detail and to solve the medical problems of each person is second to none. He really cares and is a wonderful man. A true professional in every way and with a big heart for all his patients.

Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital
23rd September 2020

Mr Kelly was amazing from start to finish looking after my little boy Fletcher when having grommitts and addanoids removing. From the consulation where he made fletcher and myself feel very comfortable, having fun with fletcher etc. He responded to emails very prompt whenever I had a question. The operation went very smooth, Mr kelly being there every step of the way and with the follow up. Can't thank him enough.

18th September 2020

He was very easy to talk to and really listened to my concerns. Made sure I understood everything he was telling me. Followed it up with a letter to explain again all he had told me and told me to phone , write or email him if I had any questions, he couldn’t have done more , excellent care !

13th September 2020

I was delighted with my consultation with Mr Kelly. He was personable and empathetic as well as being an expert in his field. I had sudden onset tinnitus at the beginning of lockdown and was finding it difficult to understand and manage my symptoms. Mr Kelly listened carefully as I described the tinnitus and he examined my ears. From this he was able to determine the cause and how to alleviate the symptoms. I cannot thank him enough.

14th September 2020
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for your kind words. Usually tinnitus is a noise heard from activity in the inner ear, usually where there is an inner ear (or 'sensorineural') hearing loss. This can happen with aging or noise exposure or trauma or with some medications - really lots of reasons! Tinnitus is unusual in people where hearing is normal. In tinnitus which arises from an inner ear problem, usually there is no cure, treatment relies on managing the tinnitus. Sometimes tinnitus is caused by something which can be cured (this is unusual), where there is wax and dead skin pressed on the ear drum for example, microsuction and removal of this blockage and removal of pressure on the ear drum MIGHT help! It might be worthwhile to have someone who has experience and knowledge of ears to see you, if microsuction is to be carried out in this situation (where wax might have to be pulled off the ear drum) an ENT surgeon should do this. GK

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists