mr-gerard-kelly

3rd March 2021

I took my son to see Mr Kelly after a family recommendation following ENT cancellations from my local hospital. I am so grateful we did. Mr Kelly was excellent with my 8yr old. Treating him as an individual and talking directly with him about the issue, and then engaging with me when required. He has an excellent rapport with children, and his confidence in his own abilities helped settle all my nerves. My son needed an operation and this was handled superbly from start to finish and the aftercare was also excellent. My son is now healing well and hopefully his issue is resolved. I couldn’t have asked for better service or support. Thank you.

16th February 2021

When visiting Dr Kelly he listened to my daughters problems of her continued dizziness, asked questions and conducted a thorough examination, always explaining what he was doing and why. He instantly put our minds at ease. Advice was in depth and we are trying a more natural approach to her problems using medication as the last resort. He also offered us his email incase of any future questions we may have. Dr Kelly is attentive to his patients, professional and extremely knowledgeable in his field.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
31st January 2021

Had a tonsillectomy with Dr Kelly on the 28th. At the consultation he listened to everything I had to say, and I knew immediately that I could trust him! The op was quickly booked in and in the lead up to the surgery he made sure to reassure me and answer any questions I had by email. I wouldn't hesitate to book another surgery with him again if I ever needed to.

31st January 2021

I was referred to Dr Kelly to treat a chronic infection resulting from a facial trauma. My appts with Dr Kelly were timely and he explained the treatment and surgery required in a comprehensive manner, so I was able to make an informed decision regarding the operation. My operation was scheduled ,once again, in a timely fashion and my stay in The Nuffield in Leeds was comfortable. All safety measures were being practised and I felt safe and cared for during this current COVID pandemic. I was most grateful to Dr Kelly for visiting me after the surgery to reassure me of its success. My subsequent post op appt was instrumental for reinforcing that all healing was taking place and Dr Kelly explained everything in a clear and comprehensive manner. I am most grateful for his skill and expertise in alleviating a chronic condition that has had a negative impact on my life for the past three years. Great work and excellent treatment!

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
21st January 2021

Mr Kelly is a knowledgeable and approachable clinician who takes great care to listen and understand.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists