mr-gerard-kelly

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
26th October 2020

I have been seeing Mr Kelly around twice a year for nearly 20 years. He is a brilliant consultant, always kind, friendly, polite and attentive. He listens to any concerns I have and explains the reasons for my problems along with offering helpful advice. I trust him implicitly and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He is the best ENT consultant I have seen during the 57 years I have been attending the ENT at the LGI.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
26th October 2020

I have been seeing Mr Kelly from when I was a child to 10+ years later for problems I have had with my ear, from operations to routine check ups. I totally trust Mr Kelly and am thankful for his work. Very friendly, very personable.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
24th October 2020

My first consultation was at the Nuffield in Leeds. I had read Gerard's reviews and he seemed to be the go-to person to resolve my ear and nasal issues. I was not disappointed. My problem was quickly diagnosed and the process was put into motion for him to operate to remove my nasal polyps. The little devils had returned after I'd had them taken out 20 years ago. Gerard managed to fit me into a slot at Leeds Spire, something of a feat given the current lack of operating slots due to Covid. Last week, Gerard did the business on my sinuses and I am now breathing properly...always a good thing. All through the process, I have had total faith in, and respect for, Gerard's ability and knowledge. Not only this, but his patient-facing skills are excellent and his 1-2-1 interactions with me have been informative and very personable....and amusing, at times. All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend Gerard Kelly to anyone with ENT issues....look no further.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists