Mr Geoffrey Taylor

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

26th September 2012
Written by a patient at BMI The Chiltern Hospital

After an injury to my shoulder during a game of Rugby in late 2005 and 'slight discomfort' over the next year I was advised to see a consultant by my GP. I saw Dr Taylor in 2007 who, in a letter to my GP after my visit, dismissed a rotator cuff tear despite my concerns ( i have a degree in Sports physiology and suspected and indicated the possibility of a tear because of the symptoms)and suggested Acromioplasty - an operation I agreed to because of it's quick return to work and sport as I was an active individual still playing rugby regularly up until then. During the operation Mr Taylor discovered a rotator cuff tear which he repaired. Since that operation my shoulder became substantially worse, with loss of muscle stability, function, strength, Atrophy and pain which extended down the arm. Despite several visits to Mr Taylor and snr representatives at BMI these were considered niggles and risks i could experience ( although this was never documented to me by Mr Taylor prior to Surgery - see other reviewers comments about this Surgeons brash nature)This weakness etc also led to a further injury to the shoulder in 2010 It is now September 2012 and I cannot put into words the state my Shoulder is still in. DO NOT USE THIS SURGEON. I only wish there had been a reference site like this back in 2007.

26th August 2008
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Mr Taylor operated on me to plate my collar bone back together. The operation was successful but I found the abrupt attitude of Mr Taylor quite disconcerting at times. He tries to get you in and out as quickly as possible, and doesn't like answering questions, so you are left wondering quite what he's going to do. I found him arrogant and dismissive, but I have to say my operation was a success. Post-operative consultation was brief "can you raise your arm? Fine. Next..." and he didn't seem to see any benefit in physiotherapy so I had to get a second opinion from my GP who prescribed it for me. All in all not a good experience although Mr Taylor's staff told me he was a very good surgeon so I hung on to that.

Short link to review Mr Geoffrey Taylor: http://iwgc.net/ef8t