Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I recently had a double hernia operation at the Spire Hospital in Leicester. Mr Robertson was my consultant surgeon and I found him to be very professional and would like to thank him and his staff for my excellent treatment and care. I would recommend Mr Robertson and the Spire Hospital staff to anyone needing similar treatment.

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I had a hernia operation recently with Dr. Robertson at the Spire Hospital, Leicester and was very impressed with his efficiency, professionalism and capability. I would not hesitate to use his services again or recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

I was fortunate enough to have Mr. Robertson perform my recent Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair. I would go so far as to say that apart from having to have the surgery done in the first place, Mr. Robertson and his team made the procedure at the Nuffield Hospital a pleasurable experience. From the first consultation to today's post-op appointment the whole process was explained in every detail and all questions were answered (despite Mr. Robertson having explained and done this procedure thousands of times!). ALL the staff at the Nuffield were friendly and helpful, but Mr. Robertson's outlook and attitude to the patient was exemplary leaving me with absolute confidence and trust in him, and no concerns whatsoever about going into theatre. If I was unfortunate enough to have to have any more surgery, but then again, fortunate enough to be able to choose my consultant, it would be Mr. Robertson. Furthermore I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr. Robertson to others. The remit for the feedback requested suggestions for improving the care I received, but quite honestly, I can't think of anything which would have improved my experience!!

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

On Monday 6th February I had an open umbilical hernia repair under general anaesthetic by Mr Gavin Robertson and his team. This operation took place at Glenfield Hospital Leicester. I have nothing but praise for the everyone involved. Mr Robertson fully explained the procedure which gave me great confidence. I would have no hesitation in recommending him as a surgeon. P. Cartwright

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Late in 2016 I underwent a large inguinal hernia operation. Mr Robertson and his entire team at Nuffield Leicester were excellent throughout; from speedy initial examination & assessment, then surgical treatment within a few weeks in superbly clean & friendly hospital conditions then post-op follow up inspections afterwards. All medical matters were clearly explained and discussed throughout. My fit & active outdoor life is now regained, thanks to their good work & I cannot praise their work more highly. I would recommend them wholeheartedly and without reservation. Personally, I cannot think of any aspect which could be improved & I wish to personally thank surgeon Mr Robinson. Leslie Street, Leicestershire resident, age 69.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci