mr-gavin-robertson

Written by a private patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
18th February 2021

Firstly a Hugh thank you to Mr Gavin Robertson for a very successful cholecystectomy on January 27th. I could not have had a more excellent consultant, from the first contact with Mr Robertson over the telephone due to Covid restrictions , to when I was discharged I was given first class attention. I am a 78 yr old lady who was made completely at ease with the whole procedure. Thank you again Mr Robertson I would like to give you 6 stars

Written by a private patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
16th February 2021

Mr Gavin Robertson is an excellent Consultant Surgeon. I recently had a laparoscopic Appendectomy, he explained the procedure to me at the consultation in a relaxed and professional manner. The operation was a day case and all covid guidelines were adhered to, it went very smoothly and I was able to return home in the late evening. I was given an appointment for a follow-up consultation for 2 weeks later and the results were clearly explained to me by Mr Robertson and he examined me putting me at ease and reassured me that everything was ok. Thank you very much for all your attention and help JG February 2021

Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
7th January 2021

My first consultation with Mr Robertson was very good and he clearly explained the issue and offered an option to rectify it, expressing that it was entirely my decision to accept the treatment offered. Having felt under no pressure whatsoever, I decided to go ahead with the surgery (only a day case, nothing major). Mr Robertson arranged the surgery immediately, and within a couple of weeks the operation had been completed. The whole process was explained clearly and the surgery went exceptionally well. The post operation consultation 2 weeks after surgery was also good, reassuring the procedure was successful and that all was healing well. Mr Robertson was clear, concise and reassuring throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend him.

Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital
17th December 2020

I had a consultation and procedure by Mr Robertson, and he was brilliant. The initial consultation was very good and he explained the issue clearly and offered a plan of action. He was very accommodating and arranged the surgery immediately. I was able to get this date at this session which was wonderful. The surgery itself was very well done and clearly explained the procedure. The follow-up review 2 weeks after was also good, reassuring the procedure was successful and I can be back to operating normally. Mr Robertson was good at explaining the situation and showed care to achieving successful outcome. I would definitely recommend him.

Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital
19th November 2020

Mr Robertson is an excellent Surgeon, very experienced & professional. I had my Gallbladder removed laparoscopically 30/10/20. He reassured me throughout the process alieviating my anxiety. After the first Consultation both scans were organised and I felt reassured with the processes Spire had in place during these unprecedented times of Covid. I also felt confident & safe that Mr Robertson was my Surgeon - thank you most sincerely for looking after me and your undivided attention at all times. JT

Mr Gavin Robertson was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci