Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

8th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I was very pleased with all that Mr Robertson did for me and it was all done in a week. This has enabled me to carry on with activities much earlier than if I had waited months for treatment on the NHS. No one likes paying for treatment that is free on the NHS but this was money well spent.

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I was treated for a hernia at Spires Hospital Leicester. From the initial consultation, through the operation and aftercare I cannot more highly recommend the treatment I received. I was advised of the work that would be carried out, and any associated risk (minimal). The only suggestion I would make and this is not a reflection on Mr Robertson in any way, is that the pain killers given for use afterwards were very effective but I wasn't advised that they may cause constipation (although this was written as a possible side effect in the leaflet) maybe could have been explained, but I suppose they effect different people in different ways. Apart from that it all went very well.

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I received surgery for a gallbladder removal. From the initial consulatation, all trough surgery to the final consulatation, the level of care Gavin has given is outstanding. He made my stay in hospital comfortable and explained every aspect of what was being done. Could honestly not recommend anyone higher than Gavin and anyone who is being seen by him, you have nothing at all to worry about.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Mr Robertson is very professional with a lovely caring manner. I would definitely recommend Mr Gavin Robertson for his specialist care.

24th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Problem.Apparent Hernia left groin. Had consultation with Mr.Gavin Robertson. He found that I had two Inguinal Hernias. He gave me a comprehensive explanation of the Keyhole Surgery Operation and later the result. From the consultation to being fit and back on a Golf Course was thirty days. I found Mr Gavin Robertson to be outstanding in all aspects of his Profession. A most amicable Gentleman. Thank You. Kind Regards. Norman Atkins.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci