Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon In Leicester specialising in Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery, especially surgery for gallstones (more than 3000) and hernias (more than 3500), together with major resections of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester becoming a Consultant in 1999.

17th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Dr Robertson removed my gall bladder using key hole surgery. The procedure was done at the Spire Hospital, Leicester. He listened to any concerns I had prior to the operation and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of his expertise, it didn't take me long to recover either.

2nd October 2016
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Mr Robertson recently performed a double laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair for me at Nuffield Hospital and I would like to thank him and his colleagues at the hospital for their great care and professionalism. I found Mr Robertson was very easy to talk to and he listened to my concerns. He was very informative and I was very reassured by him throughout all stages of the process. The staff at the hospital were also very pleasant and helpful. The whole process from my initial consultation, my admission and surgery through to my post operative consultation was carried out very efficiently and professionally. I was delighted with the quality of the care and treatment I received and would highly recommend Mr Robertson.

28th September 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Mr Robertson performed a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair for me. Throughout both the pre and post operative consultations Mr Robertson was professional, caring and informative. The surgery was performed promptly on the day if admission, post surgery care was excellent and I was released the same day. Despite some discomfort for a few days I required almost no pain relief, the incisions healed very quickly and I was almost fully active including fitness training within 10 days. I am delighted by the quality of care and would highly recommend Mr Robertson for similar surgery. I hope that I will not need his services again, but should I, he and the Spire Hospital would be my first choice.

25th August 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I chose Mr Robertson to complete a laparoscopic hernia repair procedure at Spire Hospital Leicester. The whole process was conducted professionally, efficiently and effectively in a timely manner. Mr Robertson took time to listen to my (few) concerns and addressed them fully and reassuringly. Although I am well past the time of life when cosmetic appearance is vitally important, the tiny incisions made in the procedure have healed completely with little or no scar visible. Asking Mr Robertson to undertake my hernia repair was one of the best decisions I have made more recently and I would frecommend him to anyone without a moments hesitation.

2nd June 2016
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

I very recently had cause to have my gall bladder removed by Mr Robertson. From the very first appointment, I was given the confidence that the surgery would hopefully have a very successful outcome, which it undoubtedly has. I was in and out within a day or so, returning within a week for progress and whilst initially in pain, subsequently pain free after suffering for many years. The scars are extremely small and once healed, I doubt will be obvious. The care and consideration throughout has been exceptional and I would have no problem in recommending Mr Robertson. He most definitely is among one of the best consultants I have had the experience of dealing with. My thanks to Mr Robertson and his team.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci