Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

27th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Mr Robertson was very professional but also very caring during his initial consultation, pre-operation and post operation visits. I found him approachable and easy to talk to with his experience clearly showing through in answering any of my questions without hesitation. My gall bladder removal was completely painless with a speedy recovery and I am now back to normal.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Mr. Robertson listened to my concerns at our initial meeting and explained the risks, techniques used. He satisfied my curiosity with concise details of how the operation was executed. Mr. Robertson interviewed me three times on the day of the operation. Twice before with details of the precise timing of the morning and once after it was all over to re-assure me that everything had gone to plan. There was some discomfort the evening after the operation but nothing to stop me getting a good nights sleep (I did take a couple of paracetamol). The following day was so much improved that I only needed a further two paracetamol in the morning. During the next three days I made a complete recovery without further paracetamol. On the fifth day after I remover the dressings to reveal virtually no evidence of what had taken place.

6th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Mr Robertson recently performed surgery to repair my bilateral hernia. The procedure went as planned and, as somebody who has never had any previous surgery, I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of my recovery. Throughout, I found Mr Robertson to be very professional and approachable. He took the time to clearly explain the procedure and was more than happy to answer my questions/concerns. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Robertson to any patient.

27th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Mr Robertson is a very kind and carin Dr , I was very nervous about my hernia operation and he put me at ease explaining what he would do , also answered my questions. The after care was brilliant as well by telling me what he done saying he did the repairs and there better than they have ever been. Thank you Mr Robertson.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I've been a patient of Mr Robertson, whom recently did my gallstone operation. I found him warm, caring and super efficient. Everything was explained in a clear and pleasant manner and he was happy to answer any questions and put me at ease. Two and a half weeks later, my scars are healing well and I feel so much better.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci