Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

13th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Mr Gavin Robertson was very professional but yet extremely friendly. Having first time surgery was a nervous time for me but he put me at ease. Everything was explained. I had the double hernia operation without any issues and the scars healed very quickly. I cant recommend Mr Gavin Robertson enough, he is a asset to the world of Doctors/Surgeons

8th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

An excellent consultation with Mr Robertson - clear, straightforward and very reassuring. I was confident about the planned procedure which went very well. Mr Robertson's pre and post-op care was first rate - no fuss, no rush. I could not have hoped for the whole experience to have gone better. 5 stars.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Mr Robertson is a warm, caring and very professional consultant. He removed my gallbladder and gallstones recently and he alleviated all of my concerns before and after care. I would have no hesitation to recommend him to any of my family or friends in the future. He is a truly talented and very capable surgeon to which I am most thankful to.

16th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Before locating Mr. Robertson I had a bad experience with an open inguinal hernia repair carried out by another general surgeon in another hospital in another town and was fearful of having further repair surgery. Having witnessed my wife's excellent surgical care at Spire Leicester Hospital I decided to check out the general surgeons there and decided that Mr. Robertson would be the man, and I was right. What a professional, yet caring and reassuring surgeon, who carried out a bilateral laparoscopic hernia repair with total success, clearly explaining everything and leaving me with great confidence. I am so pleased to have been treated by Mr. Robertson and thoroughly recommend him to anyone requiring general surgery.

7th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Gavin Robertson performed a very successful removal of my troublesome gall bladder by laparoscopic procedure back in 2003 so it was only natural that I would again seek his expert opinion as my GP had diagnosed I had a hernia which needed to be repaired. Mr Robertson confirmed I actually had a bilateral hernia and he performed laparoscopic surgery to his exceptionally high standard, this was undertaken at the Spire Hospital in Leicester. I'm still off work recovering at home but all is progressing well and I have not encountered any problems whatsoever. Mr Robertson has a very calming and reassuring persona which inspires you with great confidence that your condition will be resolved successfully by him. He is open to questions and understands what you are asking him and responds with great clarity and openness. I would not hesitate at all in recommending Mr Robertson.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci