mr-gavin-robertson

19th November 2020

Mr Robertson is an excellent Surgeon, very experienced & professional. I had my Gallbladder removed laparoscopically 30/10/20. He reassured me throughout the process alieviating my anxiety. After the first Consultation both scans were organised and I felt reassured with the processes Spire had in place during these unprecedented times of Covid. I also felt confident & safe that Mr Robertson was my Surgeon - thank you most sincerely for looking after me and your undivided attention at all times. JT

12th November 2020

I had my gallbladder removed on the 25th September by Mr Gavin Robertson. From the first to the last consultation Mr Robertson put my mind at ease. I was reassured all the way through, I felt safe (during the unprecedented times of Covid) and totally trusted Mr Robertson throughout. Mr Robertson was very professional and I have already recommended him to another friend. Can’t thank Mr Robertson enough.

29th October 2020

From the consultation to the operation and post operation consultation Mr Robertson showed a constant high level of professionalism. Even through the Covid-19 restrictions nothing was too much trouble and he described the process with clarity and he was not rushed putting me totally at ease. I would not hesitate to recommend him or come back should the need require. I looked at his previous reviews and I 100% agree with others because I received a similar service and I doubt he would differ from this delivery. Thanks, Mick.

Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital
2nd October 2020

I had the first consultation regarding an inguinal hernia, via the phone due to COVID restrictions in July 2020. Mr Roberston was very clear in explaining the procedure and what to expect during recovery. I was then contacted by letter end of August 2020 with an operation date scheduled middle of September 2020. I had a pre-operation consultation with a specialised nurse 10 days before the operation. Answered all my queries and took me through what I needed to do regards fasting and washing prior to arriving at the hospital. On the day of the operation I found all the staff were excellent through from greeting me on arrival to being taken back to my room on completion of the operation. The operation has been a success with practically no pain and an incredibly quick recovery. If I am unfortunate enough to require the other side doing, I would have no hesitation in contacting Mr Roberston again! Thank you, regards Matthew.

Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital
25th September 2020

Having lived with my inguinal hernia for some time it had started to affect my comfort generally. I was referred to Mr Robertson in March 2020 and was booked in for a bi-lateral hernia repair in April 2020, throughout the consultation Mr Robertson was a very welcoming and made sure that I was totally aware of the facts and the process, his demeanour and attitude was exceptional. Unfortunately the operation had to be suspended due to the COVID crisis and it was Mr Robertson who called me to make me aware of this, this, I would suggest goes above and beyond what is expected, but this only adds to my review in that the care and service I received was outstanding. The operation did go ahead in August 2020 and from the point of entering the hospital at 15:00 to leaving it following my operation only 7 hours later the care and treatment was phenomenal, Mr Robertson explained all to me again and went through the process, nothing seemed too much trouble and this was the same with the anaesthetist and the nursing staff. Following the operation I was back at work very soon afterwards (next day) and I have had no cause for concern, for me the operation was truly successful and allows me to restart all of the activities which I had put on hold. So I would like to thank all concerned and especially Mr Robertson for his treatment and professionalism from beginning to end.

Mr Gavin Robertson was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon in Leicester specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, especially surgery for gallstones having performed more than 4500, with no bile duct injuries and hernias;- inguinal, incisional, umbilical and ventral (more than 5000), He is an expert in the investigation and treatment of abdominal pain and the management of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester, trained in centres across the world before becoming a Consultant in 1999. He has specialised in laparoscopic surgery for over 20 years.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci