Mr Gavin Robertson

Gavin Robertson is a Consultant Surgeon In Leicester specialising in Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery, especially surgery for gallstones (more than 3000) and hernias (more than 3500), together with major resections of liver and pancreas cancers. He qualified in 1984 in Leicester becoming a Consultant in 1999.

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Late in 2016 I underwent a large inguinal hernia operation. Mr Robertson and his entire team at Nuffield Leicester were excellent throughout; from speedy initial examination & assessment, then surgical treatment within a few weeks in superbly clean & friendly hospital conditions then post-op follow up inspections afterwards. All medical matters were clearly explained and discussed throughout. My fit & active outdoor life is now regained, thanks to their good work & I cannot praise their work more highly. I would recommend them wholeheartedly and without reservation. Personally, I cannot think of any aspect which could be improved & I wish to personally thank surgeon Mr Robinson. Leslie Street, Leicestershire resident, age 69.

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

I was sent to Mr Robertson by my local GP for a bi-lateral hernia operation. I found him friendly, very competent and willing to spend time explaining exactly what treatment I would receive. Although the operation had to be delayed because of another medical condition, Mr Robertson kept in touch with me through regular meetings. When the operation did take place, I felt completely confident in his ability and everything happened exactly as he said it would. The follow up meetings were further confirmation of the care he shows to his patients and the explanation of the procedure was both detailed and reassuring. I cannot speak too highly of Mr Robertson and would certainly recommend him.

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

I was sent to Dr Robertson by my local GP for galle bladder removal, he was very welcoming and explained all aspects to me good and bad in could not have been better assured that all would be OK ,same on the day of the operation , himself and all the staff at Nuffield could not have been any better and the same at the two appointmentsides afterwards always very welcoming , I always felt that I was his first interest. Ten out of ten ,would recommend him anytime .

17th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Leicester Hospital

Dr Robertson removed my gall bladder using key hole surgery. The procedure was done at the Spire Hospital, Leicester. He listened to any concerns I had prior to the operation and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of his expertise, it didn't take me long to recover either.

2nd October 2016
Written by a patient at The Leicester Nuffield Hospital

Mr Robertson recently performed a double laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair for me at Nuffield Hospital and I would like to thank him and his colleagues at the hospital for their great care and professionalism. I found Mr Robertson was very easy to talk to and he listened to my concerns. He was very informative and I was very reassured by him throughout all stages of the process. The staff at the hospital were also very pleasant and helpful. The whole process from my initial consultation, my admission and surgery through to my post operative consultation was carried out very efficiently and professionally. I was delighted with the quality of the care and treatment I received and would highly recommend Mr Robertson.

Short link to review Mr Gavin Robertson: http://iwgc.net/eeci