Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I have seen Mr Batra for both my hip and knee problem, both sports related injuries. He has dealt with me very thoroughly. He provides an excellent service. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their hip or knee.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra did an arthroscopy on my knee. He was very clear about why I was getting the problem. I have had a good result. He was very professional and friendly. I am now going to have the other side done. Many thanks.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra saw me for me knee problem and after assessing the problem explained that it would be reasonable to have a knee replacement. I felt this would be a good option. This was done very well. I can honestly say my experience has been first rate from start to finish.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had cartilage surgery on my knee done by Mr Batra which made a huge difference immediately. After the operation, I had some ongoing discomfort after the initial improvement and I went to see Mr Batra again. He explained why this could be and organised a management plan to help improve symptoms. He took my concerns very seriously.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee by Mr Batra. He made me feel very much at ease and explained clearly what he was going to do from the start. After the operation, he explained what he had found inside my knee and told me what I should expect for the future. If I ever need work doing again on my knees, I won't be seeing anyone else!

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g