Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

27th January 2017
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Dear Mr. Batra I had my hip replacement (Dec 2015) after suffering extreme pain for a long time, which severely effected, my normal walking and sitting activity. Since the replacement, I can honestly say I am a different man, now regularly attending the gym, playing Golf without any pain and my general physical movement has vastly improved, as expected for a 52 yr old male. May I take this opportunity, to sincerely thank you and your team, for the efficient, first class treatment and dedicated care, I have received throughout. I cannot thank you enough and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you and your team to anyone in the future. Many thanks TE

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I saw Mr Batra for knee problems. He has performed keyhole surgery on my knee and I am now on his list for the other side to be done. The first surgery has improved my symptoms a lot. He is clearly a very good surgeon and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to family and friends.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra saw me when I was referred for knee pain. He quickly realised that the pain was coming from my hip and not my knee! An X-ray showed severe hip arthritis and I have now had it replaced by Mr Batra. I received excellent service and would have no hesitation in recommending him to others. I can't fault my treatment and I am making good progress without the severe pain that was present before the surgery.

Written by a carer at Oaklands Hospital

My father has had a knee replacement done by Mr Batra. My mum had her hip replaced by him. The treatment he proposed on both occasions was very reasonable. Both have done very well. Mr Batra was very informative during the consultation. He has performed excellent surgery . I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had hip pain and I saw Mr Batra who first injected my hips. These helped for a while but then the pain came back. I needed a hip replacement which Mr Batra. My hip replacement went well but I suffered confusion as a result of the anaesthetic. My discharge was delayed. Mr Batra attended to me during this period and the hip is now much better. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. 100%!

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g