Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Dr Batra had to replace my hip due to a previous replacement by another Consultant at another hospital that had gone terribly wrong. I can't thank him enough for giving me back the ability to get around and being pain free. Can't praise this man enough, he is a fantastic professional surgeon! Thank you.

27th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Dear Dr Batra, Firstly I want to thank you for how my knee arthroscopy went, the care at Oaklands and especially how good my knee looks in such a short space of time. I can honestly say that this is the best I have been after any operation, even though I know this operation was only minor and quite straightforward for yourself. The team you have and aftercare is excellent. Once again I want to thank you for your excellent work on my knee and hopefully I'll be back playing again very soon!

18th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra was my surgeon for two knee operations recently. He looked after me very well and helped me to get fit again. He communicated with me openly throughout consultation, the procedure itself and post operatively. I would highly recommend him.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra has done a knee replacement for me. He is clearly very experienced and patient and explains everything very carefully. I was very nervous but the first class clinic and friendly staff made everything easier.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am very satisfied with the result of the knee arthroscopy Mr Batra performed. He did a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g