Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had an accident in December '17 which left me with very limited movement in my back and pain in my hip preventing me sitting. I went to see Mr Batra in late February in a lot of pain but also very frustrated with NHS action to that point. Mr Batra very quickly arranged the diagnostics that I needed and, seeing the results, personally ensured that I was directed to see a spinal surgeon within a few days. I will always be thankful for his no nonsense approach and his transparent explanation of my situation which both explained the reason for my pain but also put me at ease.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Professional,caring ,and very thorough made time to listen and put at ease would highly recommend. Had follow up today and same smart professional kind caring reception made to feel very at ease .

9th May 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I was referred to Mr Batra a year ago to discuss the possibility of me having a total hip replacement. After meeting him & discussing the procedure I went away to think about it. Six months later I returned to discuss what the surgery would entail and because he patiently listened to my concerns and explained what I should expect to happen, he put me totally at ease and I had no hesitation in signing the consent form to go ahead. I have just had my six week check up and due to Mr Batra's expertise my scar is hardly visible! I have no hesitation in recommending him and would like to sincerely thank him and his wonderful team of staff for their help and care and kindness.

9th May 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

A very good experience with this surgeon. Not pushy explained the different options available to me. Altogether a first rate visit and a very nice man. What more can I say !!!

4th May 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I would like to say a huge thank you to Mr Gaurav Batra for my hip replacement. It's really appreciated. I would also like the NHS who made it possible. As for the staff at Oaklands Hospital, I couldn't fault their care, so a big thank you to them. So once again Mr Batra my grateful thanks. Mrs J Parkinson.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g