Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a total hip replacement done by done at The Oaklands Hospital by Mr Gaurav Batra. I have ankylosing spondylosis, which makes hip replacement more tricky than ususal. Mr Batra explained all aspects to me carefully so that I fully understood and approved of the treatment proposed. Surgery went smoothly and I was looked after in the hospital by caring knowledgeable staff. I would definitely recommend Mr Batra to anyone needing a hip replacement.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I have had two knee replacements done by Mr Batra. He is very professional in all aspects of his treatment and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others. Very happy with the result.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had keyhole surgery of my knee by Mr Batra at the Oaklands Hospital. It has been totally effective in getting rid of my symptoms. He made me feel all the way throughout from the first consultation through to the post op follow up. Thanks so much!

Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I had recent ACL reconstruction with Mr Batra early 2017 after playing football. This was my first major surgery for myself, so naturally I was quite apprehensive at the thought of having surgery on the Knee. From consultation to the operating table, Mr Batra always showed a professional and reassuring presence. On the day of the operation Mr. Batra discussed with me the details of the surgical procedure and what would be happening that day. He made the operation very easy to understand in layman's terms and was excellent at dampening any pre-op nerves! It has been 4 1/2 months now since the operation and my knee is well on the way to a full recovery. I seek to play football again and believe the operation has been a huge success and I'll be able to play again, worry free. The scar has healed wonderfully and the knee is feeling strong once again. I have seen Mr. Batra regularly since the operation as routine check up's and the care I have received has been brilliant. Top drawer!

27th May 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I am a 48 year old male and after having 2 years of pain and not being able to walk no more than 100yds without severe pain.. I went to see dr batra in February 2017 he did an X-ray and told me straight how bad my hip was and that it needed replacing , I was really nervous and anxious but his calmness and knowledge and his honesty really made me feel at ease . I Had the op in April at the spire in Didsbury which was an nice experience I was very well looked after the staff couldn't do enough for me. Dr batra came to see me before the operation to put me at ease and after the op which was really nice . I am now 6 weeks post op and walking pain free no medication the scar is very neat with no complications , I feel like I have got my quality of life back , walking my dog again and feeling good about myself , I have just been to see dr batra for my 6 week check up and he was really pleased with my progress . I can not thank him enough for what he has done and recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement . Thankyou.. .

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g