Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

16th April 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

This Doctor is a true gentleman, nothing is too much for him , he listens to what you have to say an and tells you what is what. I cant praise him enough and would like to thank him for the first rate treatment he provided.

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr. Batra delivered an excellent consultative engagement to me. I am heavily involved in jiu jitsu and had a lot of concerns about the knee treatment I needed. Mr. Batra was understanding, provided detailed advice and guidance and an excellent level of treatment. The surgery itself was superb. I was only in hospital for a morning and left without crutches or anything. Mobility returned very quickly and within 2-3 weeks I was able to get around with no real limitations. Post surgery, the advice Mr. Batra gave has given peace good peace of mind and confidence for the future I have recommended to friends

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am pleased with the treatment and care I receive every time I have attended Mr Batras clinic. The help and advice given is very good and I would be happy to advice anyone to attend if hip or knee joint problems need specialist treatment is needed.

13th March 2018
Written by a member of staff at Oaklands Hospital

My name is Paul Smith, I am the Territory Manager for an Orthopaedic Company called Exactech that supplies PRP - this is used as a treatment for patients with various tendinopathies. I met Mr Batra for the first time today as he was using the Exactech PRP for one of his patients at The Oaklands. Mr Batra was an absolute pleasure to work with - he had a natural ability to put the patient at ease throughout with his friendly and approachable demeanor while maintaining an outstanding level of professionalism. From my interaction and conversations today with Mr Batra, I can genuinely say that as an Orthopaedic Surgeon and as a person, he stands out with his exceptional level of compassion, attention to detail and brilliant sense of humour - I will look forward to working with him again in the near future and I wholeheartedly recommend Mr Batra to anybody wanting any treatments that he may be able to provide. Kind Regards, Paul Smith - Exactech

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Very nice bloke. very knowledgeable and hard working.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g