Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra saw me for me knee problem and after assessing the problem explained that it would be reasonable to have a knee replacement. I felt this would be a good option. This was done very well. I can honestly say my experience has been first rate from start to finish.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had cartilage surgery on my knee done by Mr Batra which made a huge difference immediately. After the operation, I had some ongoing discomfort after the initial improvement and I went to see Mr Batra again. He explained why this could be and organised a management plan to help improve symptoms. He took my concerns very seriously.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee by Mr Batra. He made me feel very much at ease and explained clearly what he was going to do from the start. After the operation, he explained what he had found inside my knee and told me what I should expect for the future. If I ever need work doing again on my knees, I won't be seeing anyone else!

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra is a brilliant surgeon. From my first appointment he made me feel relaxed and easy to talk to, I was able to ask any question regarding the treatment and operation and he listened with interest and responded with complete full information. Mr Batra has completed operations for knee replacement now on both my knees, right from the start his manner created confidence and I would totally recommend him. I have a MediAlert problem connected with operating procedures and Mr Batra took 100% care to ensure it was taken care of.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a total hip replacement done by done at The Oaklands Hospital by Mr Gaurav Batra. I have ankylosing spondylosis, which makes hip replacement more tricky than ususal. Mr Batra explained all aspects to me carefully so that I fully understood and approved of the treatment proposed. Surgery went smoothly and I was looked after in the hospital by caring knowledgeable staff. I would definitely recommend Mr Batra to anyone needing a hip replacement.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g