Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

13th March 2018
Written by a member of staff at Oaklands Hospital

My name is Paul Smith, I am the Territory Manager for an Orthopaedic Company called Exactech that supplies PRP - this is used as a treatment for patients with various tendinopathies. I met Mr Batra for the first time today as he was using the Exactech PRP for one of his patients at The Oaklands. Mr Batra was an absolute pleasure to work with - he had a natural ability to put the patient at ease throughout with his friendly and approachable demeanor while maintaining an outstanding level of professionalism. From my interaction and conversations today with Mr Batra, I can genuinely say that as an Orthopaedic Surgeon and as a person, he stands out with his exceptional level of compassion, attention to detail and brilliant sense of humour - I will look forward to working with him again in the near future and I wholeheartedly recommend Mr Batra to anybody wanting any treatments that he may be able to provide. Kind Regards, Paul Smith - Exactech

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Very nice bloke. very knowledgeable and hard working.

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Hi, My name is Paul Clark and I received my new Hip on the 16th November 2017. I would like to inform you that the after care I received following this was second to none. The hospital was Trafford General, ward 12. The staff were fantastic 24/7. Thank you to all and well done. Paul Clark. PS, Mr Batra is a top bloke as well.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am now 6 months since I had my knee replacement. The first 3 months were hard week but well worth doing what I was advised to do. I can now walk well and without pain. Mr Batra is a great surgeon, knowledgeable, honest, calm and gives great service. Thank you Mr. Batra! Shirley Timms.

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

The wonderful, kind Mr Gaurav Batra, carried out my right hip reconstruction surgery following an accident I had three years ago when I was fitted with a Dynamic Hip Screw, different surgeon and different hospital. As a result of the surgery carried out by Mr Batra, I am today six weeks later walking virtually pain free, and mostly without a stick, my leg which was approximately one inch shorter is now identical with my left leg. Thank you Mr Batra, you are a charming, patient and dedicated surgeon and I am so pleased that you were able to carry out my operation for me.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g