Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

27th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Dear Dr Batra, Firstly I want to thank you for how my knee arthroscopy went, the care at Oaklands and especially how good my knee looks in such a short space of time. I can honestly say that this is the best I have been after any operation, even though I know this operation was only minor and quite straightforward for yourself. The team you have and aftercare is excellent. Once again I want to thank you for your excellent work on my knee and hopefully I'll be back playing again very soon!

18th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra was my surgeon for two knee operations recently. He looked after me very well and helped me to get fit again. He communicated with me openly throughout consultation, the procedure itself and post operatively. I would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra has done a knee replacement for me. He is clearly very experienced and patient and explains everything very carefully. I was very nervous but the first class clinic and friendly staff made everything easier.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am very satisfied with the result of the knee arthroscopy Mr Batra performed. He did a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I have seen Mr Batra for both my hip and knee problem, both sports related injuries. He has dealt with me very thoroughly. He provides an excellent service. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their hip or knee.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g