Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Hi, My name is Paul Clark and I received my new Hip on the 16th November 2017. I would like to inform you that the after care I received following this was second to none. The hospital was Trafford General, ward 12. The staff were fantastic 24/7. Thank you to all and well done. Paul Clark. PS, Mr Batra is a top bloke as well.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am now 6 months since I had my knee replacement. The first 3 months were hard week but well worth doing what I was advised to do. I can now walk well and without pain. Mr Batra is a great surgeon, knowledgeable, honest, calm and gives great service. Thank you Mr. Batra! Shirley Timms.

17th January 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

The wonderful, kind Mr Gaurav Batra, carried out my right hip reconstruction surgery following an accident I had three years ago when I was fitted with a Dynamic Hip Screw, different surgeon and different hospital. As a result of the surgery carried out by Mr Batra, I am today six weeks later walking virtually pain free, and mostly without a stick, my leg which was approximately one inch shorter is now identical with my left leg. Thank you Mr Batra, you are a charming, patient and dedicated surgeon and I am so pleased that you were able to carry out my operation for me.

15th December 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

In march i had a knee replacement life is great now with my new knee the first 3 MONTHS WAS HARD but with physio i gain my ability to walk freely again mr Batra in my opinion is the best surgeon anyone can go to he is dedicated to his work keep the good work up God Bless

17th October 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Great surgeon, very caring and knowledgeable. Was very honest and truthfull with his advice . Also explained what would happen before, during and after my knee replacement. Now done and back on my feet living full life. All what he told me was exactly correct. Lovely kind , calm man with a great ability. Even operation ,( which I was worried about whilst awake,) was perfection and an amazing experience, even though you hear things it was pain free and great to talk to all the great staff who looked after me as soon as op had finished. Would recommend Mr Batra any day. Well done and Thank You. David Hoult

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g