Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra listened carefully to me about my knee problem. He was very patient. I was booked in for a knee arthroscopy which was doe 7 weeks ago My knee is much better. If things become a problem again, I will see him again. Many thanks Mr Batra!

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra did a hip replacement for me in August this year. Both my hips are affected and I have now gone on his list to have the other side done. I am very pleased with the treatment I received. It exceed my expectations. Mr Batra was extremely patient and explained my treatment to me thoroughly, making me feel at ease. The follow up care after my hip replacement was excellent and I would have no problems recommending him to a friend, colleague or family.

13th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra listened to me and understood the problems I was having from the start. I had key hole surgery to my knee done by Mr Batra in August this year. There has been a big improvement in my symptoms. I need my other knee doing and have gone on his list for this and trust he will do an excellent job again. More than happy to recommend him to some for their knee problems.

12th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had keyhole surgery to my knee done by Mr Gaurav Batra for damage to the joint cartilage. This has improved my symptoms a lot and because of this, I am now going to have keyhole surgery under Mr Batra's care for my other knee. I would be happy to recommend him to my friends or family.

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip replacement done by Mr Gaurav Batra. I had everything explained to me before the operation and the pain relief has been excellent. I found Mr Batra to be very helpful and would recommend him to family and friends.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g