Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

12th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had keyhole surgery to my knee done by Mr Gaurav Batra for damage to the joint cartilage. This has improved my symptoms a lot and because of this, I am now going to have keyhole surgery under Mr Batra's care for my other knee. I would be happy to recommend him to my friends or family.

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip replacement done by Mr Gaurav Batra. I had everything explained to me before the operation and the pain relief has been excellent. I found Mr Batra to be very helpful and would recommend him to family and friends.

11th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip replacement done by Mr Batra at the Oaklands Hospital. I was happy with the treatment proposed, having met him at previous appointments. I would be happy to recommend him to a friend or family member for their treatment.

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

My left hip was replaced by Mr Batra at Spire Hospital almost four weeks ago and i couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I have recovered extremely quickly and am already walking without even a cane up to two miles a day. I haven't even had to have staples removed and the scarring is im sure going to be minimal. Mr Batra is a very skilled surgeon and very pleasant to deal with. I can't recommend him highly enough.

8th November 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

From my first appointment with Mr Barta I felt very comfortable, his experience and knowledge came through very clearly. After operating on my right knee he explained everything that he had done and what I could expect from the operation, I would definitely recommend him to anybody who needs to see a hip & knee surgeon.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g