Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

8th February 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip arthroscopy done by Mr Batra at the Oaklands Hospital in December for a labral tear. Mr Batra was very informative about my treatment beforehand, as was his website. A few weeks on, I am very pleased with the result and will be back to have the other side done later this year, so I can carry on with my sporting activities. I have already recommended Mr Batra to a very close friend.

27th January 2017
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Dear Mr. Batra I had my hip replacement (Dec 2015) after suffering extreme pain for a long time, which severely effected, my normal walking and sitting activity. Since the replacement, I can honestly say I am a different man, now regularly attending the gym, playing Golf without any pain and my general physical movement has vastly improved, as expected for a 52 yr old male. May I take this opportunity, to sincerely thank you and your team, for the efficient, first class treatment and dedicated care, I have received throughout. I cannot thank you enough and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you and your team to anyone in the future. Many thanks TE

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I saw Mr Batra for knee problems. He has performed keyhole surgery on my knee and I am now on his list for the other side to be done. The first surgery has improved my symptoms a lot. He is clearly a very good surgeon and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to family and friends.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra saw me when I was referred for knee pain. He quickly realised that the pain was coming from my hip and not my knee! An X-ray showed severe hip arthritis and I have now had it replaced by Mr Batra. I received excellent service and would have no hesitation in recommending him to others. I can't fault my treatment and I am making good progress without the severe pain that was present before the surgery.

Written by a carer at Oaklands Hospital

My father has had a knee replacement done by Mr Batra. My mum had her hip replaced by him. The treatment he proposed on both occasions was very reasonable. Both have done very well. Mr Batra was very informative during the consultation. He has performed excellent surgery . I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g