Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

17th January 2016
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

From our very first meeting I felt at total ease. He was so specific explaining what to expect and what will happen. As soon as I signed the consent form I knew I was in good hands. Since my total hip replacement its been nothing but positivity. In fact I can't wait to have my other hip relaced. Dr Batra has been very helpful throughout .

29th December 2015
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had my operation and was told before hand exactly what he was planning to do, The after care was great and the staff in Oaklands Hospital were very good. I have been back for my review and the doctor explained what he found and the next steps. very lovely doctor

19th December 2015
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

From the outset I found Mr Batra to be the most patient and knowledgeable doctor. His understanding and expertise in his field (hip and knee replacement specialist) is without doubt second to none. He has the wisdom to listen carefully during discussions and politely share his superior knowledge to eloquently educate his patient whilst not undermining them. It was a pleasure to discuss the various technicalities of my operation with him, to have him listen carefully to my concerns and wild theories of the mechanics of the hip joint, never feeling rushed during consultations and being filled with confidence so much so that I would not want any other surgeon other than Mr Batra to perform these complex procedures on me. I am convinced his expertise led to my amazing recovery post surgery weeks ahead of schedule. His technique of utilising hidden stitches also provided a very neat and minimal scar afterwards. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to anybody either contemplating or requiring either hip or knee replacement surgery. A remarkable man indeed, to which I am very grateful. Colin McGlashen THR 28/10/15

18th September 2016
Response from Mr Gaurav Batra

A pleasure to help you.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g