Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

14th January 2019
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I have been very happy being under the care of Mr Batra for my hip replacement and as I will need my other hip replacing at some point my intention would be for him to carry out this procedure too.

11th January 2019
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr. Batra made you feel at easy and explained the procedure he was going to take on replacing my total hip replacement. My hip replacement took place at the oaklands on the 27/11/2018 the care was 1st class from start to finish. I had a total hip replacement 2 years previous at the oaklands by a different consultant but it took a lot longer for me to recover where as by the 3 week after my operation (performed by Mr Batra) I was able to walk with one crutch by the 4th week managed to walk around the house with no crutches or sticks. Six weeks on now only using a stick outside until I regain full strength in my hip/leg. I must add the nursing staff and orthopaedic team were excellent. Also the catering staff were very efficient. I would recommend Mr Batra without hesitation for his polite manner and his expertise.

11th January 2019
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I was treated with care and all details of my operation was explained to me and the staff were helpful and professional also after care was very good. Follow up for checkups not always seen on time so think staff could make you more aware of this at time of booking in.... .

2nd January 2019
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Very polite and listened too what we had to say about our problem. He also was very efficient in repairing the problem,after 2years of pain I am now pain free. Thank you so much, Mrs Myra Childs.

18th December 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Batra and his team for the excellent work done on both my knees and the aftercare I received. I had key whole surgery on my right knee last year; including meniscus repair; my knee healed amazing and ive had no problems with it since and the great job he did help me to finish the football season. I have had ACL reconstruction on my left knee this year, aswell as meniscus repair and again my knee has healed amazing. I can not thank Mr Batra enough for his outstanding work which has helped me again to get back into training and hopefully back into the football season for this year.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g